Installing sliding Patio Door

Are there some patio doors that are easier to install then others. I have never installed patio doors. I built a three season shed porch off the back of my house. My rough openings call for 2 doors one 12' and the other 6' x 7' approximatly. I am considering Anderson Narrowline 200 installation proceedures and it looks more complex then Pella. I will have the skills but not the installation knowledge. I have $3500 invested in doors maybe I should be looking for somebody who has the skills and knowledge to install them. Give me a guess on the cost to install both doors in rough openings that are plumb and level? thanks

Reply to
thomas.jacobs

About 10 years ago, I paid $185 to have an 8' door installed. After watching the guy and his helper, it should have been more like $250. Putting that into today's dollars, I'd say $350 to $400. For the 12', I'd think it would be more as that is a huge door to handle, even if in sections.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

I just replaced a slider with french doors and it took about 2.5 hours from removing the old to finishing the trim on the replacement. It went quicker than I thought it would though I have yet to paint it. That will probably take as long as installation. If one door seems more complex to install it may be that the instructions are either better written or over-written. Installing a door is about the same across the board assuming it's prehung. Remove the door from the frame, level the frame and square it up and shim it wherever it's secured to the framing then insulate it, rehang the doors and trim it out.

Reply to
smcjensen