Inspection Repair List

First, I've been blasted in other groups in the past for posting questions that belong elsewhere. If I'm guilty of this, please point me in the right direction.
Second, my wife and I are selling our townhome and the buyer's realtor sent an inspector (without setting up an appointment--still angry about that one) who gave us a list. We're not unwilling to use an HVAC guy to do the repairs, but I want to make sure that's necessary or if that's the right person to call for the following:
1. Clean dryer vent on roof (clogged w/ lent) 2. P Trap removed from attic heat pump air handler--can this really result in condensation drain problems during the AC cycle (we had to remove it because it was clogged and causing a backflow of condensation and replaced it w/ a piece of straight PVC pipe. 3. Air Flow to downstairs heating/cooling ducts is weak: What can we really do about that? Is it a duct cleaning issue?
Thanks

The lint filter can be cleaned by anyone willing to go do it. A HVAC tech is rather expensive for that type of work.
The P trap prevents stuff from coming back up into the pan. Things like bug. Put it pack in and if it clogs, that is hte problem of the new owner. Yes, things like that must be maintained and cleaned every year.
The lack of air flow is dependent on many things. Proper size blower, ducts, distribution system, etc. Not being able to see it, I can't say for sure. Sometimes it is just a matter of closing down vents in other rooms to force more air to the ones lacking. If it is heating and cooling properly, the air may be sufficient. If not, you may need some help with that. Oh, be sure the filters are clean and not causing any restriction.
Thanks--the P Trap thing... We had to hacksaw the thing off in order to clean it. I'll get a professional in to fix it and to look at the ducts.
thanks for your help. Brett
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

There is a nice trap for condensate lines that has access ports. There is also a neat brush to clean the gunk out of the trap. The trap is transparent, so you can see if it is clogged. Get one of those. It cements in place. Any HVAC supply house. Get the right diameter. Easy job.
You don't want a p-trap on an ac condensate drain.
--
Steve Barker

< snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Why?
If it goes into a regular sewer, you want it for sewer gases. If it goes to outside, it is a path for bugs, even mice.
no need for it. they usually just go outside or to a floor drain in a basement. In my attic installation, it just leads over and down to the washer drain which has it's own p-trap
--
steve

"Edwin Pawlowski" < snipped-for-privacy@snet.net> wrote in message
The HVAC ducting might require a rework of the whole duct system to get it to work right. I bet every house in your neighborhood has the same problem too.
In so far as it possibly being a "duct cleaning issue", while anything is possible, any duct cleaning is more than likely needed on the return lines, not the supply lines, which isn't likely to be causing that type of problem.