other discussion groups?

Hi,

I was wondering where else people read and post about handtools and woodworking on the internet?

Thanks, Peter

Reply to
petermichaux

site. IMHO best on the net

Reply to
Joe

Peter:

Most of the new places are now called "Forums". They are web sites that have a moderator and are sponsored by a magazine or wood tool outlet

Google search for: forum, Hand tools, woodworking or various combinations.

Woodsmith Magazine site:

Magazine:
to bottom of page and look for link to Wood Forums

Rockler has a site, but is almost dead.

HomeWorkshop (published in Canada) magazine:

are several sites for old woodworking machinery, but you asked about handtools.

Phil

Reply to
Another Phil

Sorry:

I forgot to plug the following site, which is not hand tool focused, but is good for a wood joke now and then:

is the home of Redneck Woodworking Forum. Phil

Reply to
Another Phil

Radial Saw Forum

Rumpty

My other home, too.

Not only is there the main forum, much like the wreck, but there is a turning forum, a HAND TOOL forum, and a brand new carving forum.

Also, don't let the idea of moderation put you off. The owner of the site (well known and highly regarded woodworker and publisher, Ellis Wallentine) and his admins operate with a light touch. Much of the ability to do things that way comes from the group of people there, too. They're great.

Charlie Self, David Eisan, Rob Stokes, and Steve Knight post there, too, as well as some other familiar wreckers whom I can't recall just now (sorry).

Reply to
LRod

Steve

Reply to