InSinkErator Disposer Housing Cracked

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hi, It could be caused by improper installation(my wild guess) Why don't you call their customer support and see what they say about it. Their service is A+++.

Also check the warranty:
http://www.insinkerator.com/en-us/Documents/Warranty%20Documents/76037h_warranty.pdf
The Insinkerator I have know comes with lifetime guarantee, besides being really quiet.
--
Dan Espen

I also have a Badger model 5 with a crack that sprayed leakage onto the back wall under the sink. Interesting it seems to happen on the back side. Thanks to all for history on this.
On Sunday, October 17, 2010 at 10:40:50 AM UTC-7, jeff_wisnia wrote:

Same vertical cracks in the same location you described and it has been about 7-8 years. Irritating but it was a cheap disposal. May upgrade this time since water stains in cabinet caused by leak are really annoying!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Where did you dig up that nearly 6 year old post of mine?
I guess it's true what they say, watch what you say on the internet, it never disappears completely.
FWIW the cheaspie disposal I described installing as a replacement back then is still holding up and doing its thing.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

There is one or more idiots reposting the old archives from google groups on alt.home.repair at a rate of at least 2 posts a day. Most seem to originate from flashnewsgroups.com. They all use random user names.
Why anyone does this makes little sense to me!
I dont reply to any of them.......
Well even years later I found this thread useful and it didn't show up from any other sources in my search results.
Back on topic: Had hairline vertical crack in the upper housing of a Badger 1. About 2 inches long. Thought I'd try a patch-it approach before replace ment. ~$5 and 10 minutes later I had an ugly wad of epoxy putty (the "plumb ing" kind from a well recognized brand) covering the crack. Couple weeks af ter the "repair" and it's holding.
FTR the GD doesn't get heavy use.
On Sunday, May 17, 2015 at 1:30:07 PM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

On Sun, 29 May 2016 14:14:29 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Why not tell us the brand so we'll know what works?