Input needed re new power washer

I am getting ready to paint my house. Stucco. The paint is about 12 years old and not in pristine condition.

Harborfreight sells a power washer for 79.99: 2 Hp motor, 1300 PSI, 1.7 GPM

Would something like this be suitable for cleaning stucco and removing dead paint?

Thanks

Reply to
Walter R.

I doubt it. And stucco can be easily screwed up. Probably for $200 you could have it done by an experienced pro who won't do damage. But get someone good.

Reply to
Art

First determine what kind of stucco you have and what condition it is in. You can easily damage stucco with any power washer.

Second I would recommend renting the proper washer in the ideal size for the job. Harbor freight stuff can be useful, but it is not usually of very good quality. Renting a really good unit is going to make that part of your prep much easier.

Note: My comments are based on the assumption that power washing of any stucco is a good idea. I do know it is not recommended for some stuccos.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan