Power washer

Can someone recommend a (high value?) power washer for _occasional_ home use. It doesn't have to be the cheapest, the most durable, or the most powerful. I'm looking for good value and eliminating the need to rent or borrow one a couple times a year.

Reply to
Norm Dion

I bought a Husky 1750 PSI electric power washer from Home Depot while they were on sale for $149.00 this past spring. I've used it extensively for washing siding, cleaning out the cracks in my driveway, washing vehicles, blasting old paint off of a brick wall, and removing oil stains from the garage floor.

This is the first power washer I've owned, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I love it so far. It's a quiet machine and powerful enough for every household job I've used it on. Just my $.02.

Reply to
Gryhound

Electric - Karcher. Gas a Honda - Karcher. Electric are slower but no gas motor to maintain

Reply to
m Ransley

How much does renting one cost?

How much effort does owning a $200 one?

Compare. it might be cheaper to just rent one. (or share the cost with a neighbor).

My town has a "tool library" that lets you BORROW tools. You're not going to build an addition with it (you get a saw for 2 days) but it's GREAT when you very occasionally need something.

my tax dollars at work - which pay for a couple guys to man the lending room and do the minor fixes.

It was great when I needed a couple ladders (I own just one) to use when I was painting a high room. And I really didn't want to spend $300 for a long extension ladder when I needed it for 1 day in 2 years to run some wiring under my eaves.

I donated some lesser used tools that I inherited, glad that someone is using them.

Reply to
chuck yerkes