Inline Dryer Vent

I have an inline powered dryer vent. I manually have to plug it in when the dryer is started. Is it possible cut off the plug and wire it direct to the dryer motor/terminal block (when the motor's on the vents on?). Does anybody have this hooked-up this way?
you can get switches that turn on a socket when a power drain is seen. they're used to turn on a dust collector when the saw turns on, for example.

Jibber wrote:

Sure, you can do that, or just change out the vent booster for one with a sail switch that will operate automatically when the airflow from the dryer starts.
Travis Jordan wrote:

If you decide to wire directly to the dryer motor terminals, make sure that you get the right voltage (that is, you don't want to connect a 120V vent booster fan to a 240V dryer motor terminal....).
Jibber wrote:

You should be able to get a sail switch or a pressure sensitive switch that will not require your re-wiring.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

You could do it that way. If I were going to do it, I would mount an outlet on the back of the dryer wired to the motor (watch out for 120v vs 240v) and plug the vent booster in there.