I need a good handman on LI!!

There so many knuckleheads out there! I do a lot of stuff myself but there's some stuff I have to stay away from or the house will cave in.
I live in Glen Head. I had one guy come but he reamed me on the job so that's the end of that. I don't expect anything for nothing but I don't want the car salesman crap either.
Thanks
Barry Feldman snipped-for-privacy@Yahoo.com