I love the way Home Depot sucks!

Page 2 of 4
On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 23:21:44 GMT, "lee houston"

We don't know what the "door guy" wrote on the ticket. Perhaps he saw damage to the second door and amended the ticket price without the OP's knowledge. -- Oren
Oren wrote:

Doesn't matter. The "test" was flunked when he thought he was undercharged and didn't say anything. The fact that he might have been incorrect doesn't enter into it.
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 00:23:57 GMT, "Rick Brandt"

When they ran like hell is enough indicator the OP "felt" like he got away. Had he questioned the ticket and the cashier he may have seen a reduced price or paid the correct price. -- Oren
Oren wrote: ...

We do, otoh, know what OP _thought_ was on the ticket. :(

Just tell me how we know. Add a comment on his thought other than getting away with something. -- Oren
Oren wrote:

Don't have to add a comment, can use his own words...
''... they are $89 each, but ... I'd take it if he made me a deal. ...He says we can have it for $50, a $39 discount. ... She rings up two doors at $39 each. My wife and I make eye contact, but don't say a word. "
Very clearly he (and the wife, too, for that matter) thought they were buying one door at $89 and another at $50. Whether the slip was miswritten rather than misinterpreted isn't the point I was making, it was clear to him that what was rung up wasn't what was intended and he/they chose to take advantage of the mistake, whoever actually made it.

The world runs because thankfully, most people would have, had they caught it, returned the money.
Sure, screw the despot.
What do you think the REAL result of your ethical failure was?
That cashier probably lost her job. What do you suppose the effects of that were? Maybe nothing. Maybe it cost her her apartment, her sobriety her marriage.
Would that be your fault?
Hell no.
But you didn't help.
80 bucks you didn't need, versus helping.
Nice choice
Am I ehtically perfect?
No

Her till balanced at the end of the day if she hadn't made any other mistakes.
Her sobriety?
What the hell does that mean?
Steve
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 07:31:54 -0700, "Steve B"
sucks!:

It means you are a scum bag who is too stupid to see what an ass you are making of yourself. OTOH, it is entertaining to watch you try to back-track.
For what it's worth, HD has just changed their "Returns" policy. They used to accept virtually anything without question. Now, the "...reserve the right to deny returned items".
Also, for what it's worth, me and all my friends stick it to the "Holy H" every chance we get since Bob Nardelli took over.
wrote Re Re: I love the way Home Depot

Chances are, her mistake wouldn't even be caught by the bumbling HD management. The paperwork would simply appear to them that 2 damaged doors were sold to one person, unless they have some basic accounting procedures in place like keeping track of the tickets (signed by a manager) that indicate the defective item(s). In which case, they'd show 2 doors sold as defective but only ONE ticket indicating a defect. Chances are, it'll fall through the cracks.
-
On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 17:49:31 -0500, grappletech

-- Oren

I've worked there. I can guarantee that the cashier will in no way be held accountable.
Well, we leave in the morning for Utah. I'm going to take my receipt back to the manager and see what he says happened and offer to make it right.
I will advise in about two weeks when I return.
In my absence, try to get along without me and don't fight.
Steve ;-)

I wish I could believe that.
--
Regards,

if HD cannot hire someone that (see previous post also"Home Depot Sucks") can't understand a purchase slip(or has not been trained properly) or can take the time to call for a clarification if its not clear, I say way to go Steve-o
John H. wrote:

The way HD works on discounts is that department leaders (and maybe individual clerks) have an allowance they can use for customer goodwill.
Here we have an employee who the OP praised as knowledgeable and helpful. Because of a mistake by the check-out clerk, not corrected by the OP, this helpful employee may have exceeded his quota and have some sort of black mark on his record.
Over and above out-and-out theft, it's a shameful abuse of honor. Pitiful, really.

What I think you're saying is that if someone makes a mistake, it's ok to steal from him.

Absolutely.

And the rest of us pay in the long run. "Getting away with it" does not make it right.