i have a question

Page 1 of 2
Why do so many people fail to use the shift key when posting a message?
It seems to me that if they want their message read, they would want to make it easy to read. Ignoring the accepted conventions of capitalization (THIS ALSO ENCLUDES ALL CAPS) just does not seem to make sense. Are people really that lazy.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Poetic License
see: ee cummings, Victor Hernandez Cruz

Yes. And they are too lazy to use spell-check to catch, say "encludes" when the word is "includes."
- Fred #2
pISS Piss read the shit and get off the Pot
Shift Key ! Mine does nothing, what should it do.
See the little arrow on the shift key? That key is used to reposition your keyboard toward the screen. The Tab key moves it left and right. Then there are those up, down, left, and right arrow keys that can correct any badly positioned keyboard.
m Ransley wrote:

This is crapy web tv. I don`t have those nice features.
I sometimes just wish that people would go back and "try" to read what they have typed. Some postings are so poorly typed that they are very difficult to read. I usually just skip those.
Wayne

Thank you, Wayne. A quick proofreading makes sense. Tom Work at your leisure!
I skip multi level forwards, and ones with four sets of headers on top. If people can't trim, I won't bother to read.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Joseph Meehan wrote:

there.

ROFLMAO
Another gets his gratification in 'other ways', has only one hand available, and the one he can use has a cramp in the muscles to his thumb.

Joseph Meehan writes:

Public schools. The average-child fallacy: all must succeed, everyone's a winner, anybody can learn algebra, there's no such thang as IQ, ...
It might be the wrong answer, but we can't damage your self esteem by giving you a failing grade. You can go on to 3rd grade, you're only 27 years old, now.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:
snip/////
If a man is fortunate, he will, before he dies, gather up as much as he can of his civilized heritage and transmit it to his children.
William Durrant
Those who have great realization about delusion are Buddha's. Those who are greatly deluded within realization are sentient beings.
Dogen, "Flowers Fall"
Joseph Meehan wrote:

Ok, I'll pass on typos (email/news is speech, not compositions with multiple drafts), but...
Why do so many people fail to use good subjects?
This becomes kind of pertinent: http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#intro
eric is a smart man.
On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:56:41 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"

BTZ
JM> Why do so many people fail to use the shift key when posting a message? Possible answers: laziness, lack of understanding of basic grammar.
JM> It seems to me that if they want their message read, they would want to JM> make it easy to read. Ignoring the accepted conventions of capitalization JM> (THIS ALSO ENCLUDES ALL CAPS) just does not seem to make sense. Are people JM> really that lazy. "Encludes" misspelled; final sentence is a question and therefore should have concluded with a question mark. (Ever have the feeling some days you just cannot win?!)
The "ALL CAPS" question can sometimes be answered because people do not know how to type and therefore take an easy way out, namely leave the keyboard in upper case mode. Another possible reason is the poster is missing a limb (or has it in a cast) and two-handed typing is impossible. Typing in all capitals is much faster.
Unfortunately I believe as new people get on the Internet we will encounter this and numerous other common errors repeatedly. I think it is best to politely correct them, as opposed to belittling them.
- barry.martinATthesafebbs.zeppole.com
* Definition: Heretic -- someone with head lice
--
RoseReader 2.52 P003186
The Safe BBS Bettendorf, IA 563-359-1971