Hydoseed?

Anyone have any experience with this technique of seeding a new lawn? Is it expensive vs. sod or seed, and is it a DIY job?

Reply to
Sir Topham Hatt

It is less expensive than sod, and provided you pick the right variety of grass and growing conditions are right, you'll get a nice stand of grass. It is more expensive than seed, and I've never seen the equipment offered for rent...

KB

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

I just finished Hydromulching 1.7 acres. Has worked out very nicely. Cost about 1/4 the price of sod including the cost of water to keep it moist for

2 weeks. I used a hybrid Bermuda.

The company (local Dallas, Texas) even gave me a guarantee he would keep coming out until no spots larger that 12 inches in diameter were left.

Reply to
Simonite