How to use penetrating oil?

As other have said (in diverse ways): cut-off rubber feet; use JBBlaster; tap light to medium blows; use Vise-Grips (loosen add oil, tighten, repeat). Good Luck!
I imagine this is the old avocado color, baked enamel finished that will last many lifetimes...you're lucky!
bob_v

The color was more a pastel green...I guess.
SteveB wrote:

Special screwdrivers (punches) are made exactly for that. When you smack them with a hammer, they turn slightly in the specified direction. Here's an example:
Reversible Impact Driver Set http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber481
This is just the thing for loosening the hold-down screw on the bathtub drain strainer.
On Sun 04 Oct 2009 09:45:54a, HeyBub told us...

There's a Harbor Freight about 2 miles from here, and the price is cheap. I'm going to pick up a set.
Thanks!
--

~~ If there\'s a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it. ~~

They are handy, and are about the only thing in the world that will take out that 3/8" dia. x 1/4" long screw that is in the body of a starter motor. Handy devices but you have to use them first before you gum up the threads too bad. And a GOOD one is about $20. Others about $10. I use mine less than one time a year, but when I need it, it works every time.
Steve
On Sun 04 Oct 2009 05:00:20p, SteveB told us...

Thanks, Steve. I'm going to pick up a set tomorrow.
--

~~ If there\'s a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it. ~~