Hamilton 12HF furnace humidifer leaks

Hi all, I just installed a Hamilton 12HF furnace humidifier and it leaks like crazy. The trap that the filter sits is fine but water either runs over the edge of it or splashes off the filter or whatever and goes into the base outside this trap and away from where the drain is. It then leaks round the seams at the side edges. It looks like it's a poorly engineered thing if you ask me. There are seams on both sides around the base that the water seems to go right through. Has anyone had any experience with these humidifers and if they have had the same type of thing happen? I put calking on the seams and that stopped the water flow through there and now it just leaks through the screw holes.

Reply to
mark