How to remove a keyless chuck

What make and model tool. Two screws? I was going to ask if you'd removed the ONE screw that's deep inside the chuck, screwed into the shaft.

Reply to
Micky

Sure sounds like a Catch-22 situation. If the hex key you're speaking of is just a key chucked into the keyless chuck so that you can whack it and break the threads loose, the only thing I can think of that MIGHT work is to use an impact driver and set the drill and the driver to be working in opposite directions (obviously attempting to get that keyless chuck) backing off. Worth a shot and maybe, just maybe, the rapid fire impacts will do what a good solid whack won't. A little penetrating oil if you can get it to the proper spot wouldn't hurt either.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

The word "church" is your answer.... Take your drill to church, and pray for it's healing. God will heal it, if he's not busy with smaller things like hurricanes, wars, floods, tornados, starvation, disease, and so on....

By the way, why did they name them "Chuck", not Tom, Mike, Bill, George, Harold, Robert, Dick, Larry, or Jim?

Maybe you should just say "Fuck it" and CHUCK IT !!!! :)

Reply to
Paintedcow

Cause Tom was already taken for male cats, Mike was already taken for microphones, Bill was already taken for invoices, Dick was already .... oh, never mind.

Reply to
Mike Duffy

Now that's funny ......

Reply to
Paintedcow

Another Lazarus thread.

I have two drills, a Black and Decker and a Bosch. I use the right tool for the job at hand.

(I use the Bosch when I need it, the B&D is to loan out when somebody borrows it)

Reply to
TimR

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

This is the first post I have seen on this so I apologize if it's been covered before...

Did you remove the screw inside the center of the CHUCK=center of drill shaft?

Do you know the thread that holds the CHUCK to the shaft is left handed? Looking at the CHECK end of the drill facing you the hex key should be on the right side and driven downward. You could always use a hex shaft of any size in the CHUCK and turned anti-clockwise with a wrench or impact driver.

If the clutch will not offer enough resistance to rotating the innards You could start the drill in reverse and jam the hex key into a vise and hope for the best of your wrists & arms.

Go out and buy a Milwaukee and be happy.

Reply to
Tekkie®