How to remove a keyless chuck

Now that's funny <LOL>......
Another Lazarus thread.
I have two drills, a Black and Decker and a Bosch. I use the right tool for the job at hand.
(I use the Bosch when I need it, the B&D is to loan out when somebody borrows it)
On 01/31/2016 12:01 PM, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

How many drills could a drill chuck drill if a drill chuck could drill chucks?
On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 11:01:39 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:
What make and model tool. Two screws? I was going to ask if you'd removed the ONE screw that's deep inside the chuck, screwed into the shaft.

Sure sounds like a Catch-22 situation. If the hex key you're speaking of is just a key chucked into the keyless chuck so that you can whack it and break the threads loose, the only thing I can think of that MIGHT work is to use an impact driver and set the drill and the driver to be working in opposite directions (obviously attempting to get that keyless chuck) backing off. Worth a shot and maybe, just maybe, the rapid fire impacts will do what a good solid whack won't. A little penetrating oil if you can get it to the proper spot wouldn't hurt either.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

This is the first post I have seen on this so I apologize if it's been covered before...
Did you remove the screw inside the center of the CHUCKnter of drill shaft?
Do you know the thread that holds the CHUCK to the shaft is left handed? Looking at the CHECK end of the drill facing you the hex key should be on the right side and driven downward. You could always use a hex shaft of any size in the CHUCK and turned anti-clockwise with a wrench or impact driver.
If the clutch will not offer enough resistance to rotating the innards You could start the drill in reverse and jam the hex key into a vise and hope for the best of your wrists & arms.
Go out and buy a Milwaukee and be happy.
--
Tekkie

I have rarely had problems with B&D tools. Skil on the other hand is TRASH. This drill was one of their more costly models, but it was "last years" model, so I got a good deal on it. I like the drill itself, it's just that damn chuck. I have never liked keyless chucks, and this one is worse than most others I have used. At work, we have a Milwaukee brand drill, and that thing was expensive. That chuck is a little better, but it still slips when I try to drill anything that needs a little force. I am up in my years, and have used a keyed chuck all my life. Professional drill presses and all other professional drilling equipment always had keys. Now all of a sudden they are putting these useless keyless chucks on everything. They are NOT what I would consider a PROFESSIONAL piece of machinery. I dont mind them as much on cordless drills, because those drills dont have as much power, but on this 120VAC drill, a keyless chuck is a joke.