How to frame around steel beams?

Hi,
Here's what the ceiling of my kitchen looks like now:
http://freeboundaries.com/howtoframe.jpg
I'm planning on having a ceiling that slopes with the roof, then drops straight down and goes around the beams. What's the strategy for framing something like that since I can't nail studs to the beams.
Thanks a lot in advance,
Aaron
Aaron Fude wrote: ...

Just box around them using the upper roof joist as the hanger. Or, is the roof being held up by those blocks wedged into the flange rather than being bolted to the rock wall above? If so, that should be fixed first by bolting thru or welding on some bolting flanges or using approved flange clamps. If it were mine, I'd probably opt for welding on some angle brackets for bolting to.
What's that beam supporting our of curiousity?

Thanks for the advice.
The beam or, more accurately, set of five beams is supporting an 18" thick granite wall above. The construction is 80 years old.
You are not saying that the magnitude of the *framing* job is great, are you?
I think those planks are suppoting the roof in some way, but that seams awefully wishy-washy.
It would be most common to drill the flanges for carriage bolts to hold a piece of ply or lumber. The other common method would use PAT - powder actuated fasteners to shoot lumber onto the steel flanges.
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

You have wood on both sides of the steel so I'd just bridge across the steel and drop verticals on 16 inch centers from that header against the rock wall. But if you need that rock to show (it does look nice), you can still bridge across the bottom of the steel. Then lay another wood header on the top shelf of steel just UNDER the rock and glued and anchored to the rock, the force will be all downward not outward anyway for that top header. Then go down from that header with studs to catch the other side of the bottom bridge which comes off the ceiing joists on the other side.

Hi,
What exactly is flange in the context of carriage bolts?
Thanks,
Aaron