how to find which galvanized pipe to replace with copper

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

"Weak flushing?" Whatever you mean by that has nothing to do with the supply pipes. Maye "slow filling" of the commode tank, but nothing having to do with flushing itself.
So where is this "low cold water pressure" and how was it determined. A partially blocked pipe does not affect the pressure - flow rate maybe, but not pressure.
I'd start by examining the faucets.

If the old galvanized pipes corroding are the problem, which is very possible, then I think you're wasting your time trying to track down which exact section of pipe it may be. I can see perhaps if there is one section that is much older than the rest and easier to access, but if it's all about the same age, then it all should be replaced. Trying to find 2 ft that might be worse right now, even if that's possible, only to have to replace more next year doesn't make any sense to me. Plus you then have to deal with connecting the old galvanized, which is failing, to new copper.
just install PEX its cheap, very reliable and easy to work with.
we have half inch copper to our bathroom. if someone is showering and flushes scald is result:(
so I am about to run new PEX both hot and cold from the hot water heater.
a hundred feet of PEX is under 70 bucks. change it all it will be so easy you can eventually replace all your galvanized lines
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

The OP may be in California which does not generally allow PEX. Seemingly, PEX is made from whale blubber or DDT or might someday be made with either of those materials or may leach noxious chemicals into the environment or start a grass fire or somesuch.
Here's some background. http://www.contractormag.com/articles/newsarticle.cfm?newsidU5

thank you for your help:)
On Sep 8, 10:45 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Replace the whole line. It's going to happen again.