How thick is ceiling tile?

Installing electrical box for new ceiling light. Plan on finishing ceiling with tile stapled to furring strips. Is 12" x 12" tile same thickness as drywall or thicker or different thicknesses. I'm buying the cheap stuff.
Bob
5/8" usually

Thanks, Bob

I've done some checking with various places and it appears the cheap "contractor" tile is half inch. Armstrong answered my e-mail as follows: "The residential 12" tile are 1/2" thick. Thank you for your interest in Armstrong." but they went on to say that thickness varies across their product line.
Bob