How much power should electric blanket draw?

I have a Sunbeam twin size electric blanket that is several years old. I had the feeling it was not heating properly, so I decided to check the current it draws with a kill-a-watt, which says it is drawing all of ten watts on the preheat setting. This seems quite low to me, does anyone know what these should draw (or at least a range)?
Thanks for your help.
--
Larry Weil
Lake Wobegone, NH

Is the preheat a special seting, like full on for some timed period. I would just set it to the highest heat setting, which will probably turn it on full. But, you need to put the thermostat somewhere really cool, otherwise the internal thermostat heater will shut it off periodically. Yoiu can usually hear the thermostat click if it is very quiet.

I would think anything less than 1 amp, no good. Look for specs on new units.
Greg

up to ~100 watts

I think that's probably about right.

Usually about 60W-100W or so at full heat for a throw rug, which I have actually measured, and is more than an in-bed electric blanket.
If your blanket is drawing anything at all it is probably about right.
Ross
On Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:52:01 AM UTC-5, Larry Weil wrote:

1.21 Gigawatts.

That would be a HARP blanket. ^_^
TDD
Ah, you have the energy star model?

1.21 Gigawatts.
I can hear mine go on & off throughout the night
so it only uses power when on[obviously]
generally, they are a good investment, using little power overall
marc
On 3/7/2013 12:52 AM, Larry Weil wrote:

Just happened to have one (twin) sitting in the next room. It is also a few years old. There is a label on the blanket that says 180 watts.

ric blanket that is several years old.

OK - But has anyone ever in a normal setting had their blanket on full (maximum) heat for more than the warm-up period. You would roast if the blanket were on full force full time.