How Do I Remove Hornets Living Under Cedar Shingle Roof?

Page 4 of 4

There is an observation and an idea I hope someone will check out. I notice that when a hive is abandoned (natural causes) it is never reused and there is never another one built near it. It is as if the abandoned hive has an aura of death around it that the hive insects avoid.. I wonder will putting a few abandoned hives around an occupied hive will drive the occupants away.