How do I kill a tree

Page 1 of 2
Do I stick copper nails into it?
thank

Snip the trunk with scissors.
We had a chinaberry tree removed from our front yard. I thought it was dead. But shoots still kept coming up a year later. I finally had to dig the stump.
It was NOT a fun day.
Steve
madmun wrote:

Have you priced copper lately?
Bob
Chain saw

Copper sulphate can be quite effective.
I have also drilled a hole with a speed bore and battery drill down at dirt level sized for a piece of plumber's copper pipe. Drive it in. Tree will not make the year.
I have also read that girdling the tree with a piece of copper wire is effective.

Hint that it has WMDs.
damn, somebody beat me to it!!
randy

madmun wrote:

Rather slow. You can spray it with weed killer, but the effect varies with the type of tree. Most effective is to girdle it. Cut a 1 inch section around the base of the tree, deep enough to go past the bark. Water still travels up the center, but that leaves a gap so that nutrients can get back to the roots. Takes a year or two till the tree is dead.

Ask another troll
How would you like it if I killed you bitch.

Top-posting dickdrip Mr.Tree wrote:

Oh, look Marge! Another coward hiding behind a keyboard. Loser.
--
TP / Network Man __________________________________
If u want the races for free,

Don't Ent er into these sort of debates.
You got the balls? Assmaggot.
voodoo disease 666

Mr.Tree wrote:

I wouldn't like it at all! No-siree!
I'd love it if you tried, though.
Make it into a table.
Death to the christian jew cop government.

I am rather concerned that you are interested in methods other than the obvious - use a chain saw. This leads me to suspect that it isn't your tree. If you have a beef with your neighbor then work it out like adults - don't resort to urban terrorism.

Its my neighbors'. Its blockind my C-band dish and every year it gets taller and taller soon I won't be able to see any satellites at all.

<Top Secret> Find the root drill a hole in it then fill it with muratic acid. But the EPA can take soil samples. or cut the circumference of the tree through all the bark. It will die slowly. I cut my neighbors tree down and they had the SWAT team on me. They were dressed like terrorists.
Death to the christian jew cop government.

Have you considered moving the dish to one side or the other?