How different is a 8a sawsall from a 9.5a?

I bought a Milwaukee 6527 on Ebay. It was advertised as 9.5a with a tool-less blade change mechanism. It actually is 8a and requires an allen wrench to change blades. I don't care about the allen wrench, but I wonder how big a deal the difference in amperage is. I don't plan on building a house with it, so if I won't know the difference I won't make a federal case out of it.

(The bigger problem is that the shoe is missing, but I expect I can get him to pay me for a replacement. Fortunately I picked it up locally and paid by credit card (before being able to see it), so I have good leverage; the issue is whether I am owed anything for the amperage problem.)

Reply to
Toller

Depends on what you paid for it! If it was me I would be getting a price adjustment, or the get saw that was advertised. The toolless blade change is great. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

The guy took you , get what you paid for or get a big discount . Quick change and the bigger motor make a difference if you will work it alot.

Reply to
m Ransley

There was just a discussion on this board about buying on eBay.

First advice is know what you are buying.

I think you got taken. If you are near the seller, I would explain the laws regarding fraud.

A big BUT. I did not come across a model that was not a -21. Of course, it may be an older model, but he advertised it as the current one.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

I have had the older version, allen wrench and 8a for years. It performs well. The shoe that holds the blade on isn't expensive, I've had to buy one or two over the years.

Aside from the fact that you were lied to the SawZall is a great tool.

RB

Toller wrote:

Reply to
RB

Thanks for all your advice. The seller is sending me a check for $20 to cover the problems.

After I buy a new shoe for $10, that will make my total cost $24. Aside from the aggravation, it is a pretty good price for an 8a Sawzall in good condition.

Reply to
Toller

On most devices like this, the higher amperage relates to a higher horse power. so, you got a milder, gentler saw.

If you're doing light work, this isn't a concern. Only if you are doing heavy work, and in a hurry.

Sounds like you got the "medium" saw, not the "good" one.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Sounds like a fair deal! Greg

Reply to