How can I do this?

I would like to put crown molding in our bedroom. One wall has a window and French doors, I would like to install curtains to set behind the crown molding to give a whole wall effect. Is there a way that I can install the molding about 4 inches out from the wall? I will use curtain wire and curtain clips to hold up the curtains and not to take up much space. Thanks,

I did a similar thing 6" down from the ceiling so I could drop rope light in it for indirect lighting. Take a 2x4 and rip it in half on a 45 degree angle. Nail up the 2x4 and attach the crown to the 45 degree edge. I seem to recall the angles for the crown corner miters were 30 and 36 if you cut it flat. I didn't have a 5.5" deep miter box. Practice with some scrap.

Install a box against the wall then install the crown against the box.