Hot Water Heater In Winter?

My oil burner has a coil to heat water. I turn off my hot water heater in winter. Do I need to drain the hot water heater or do anything else before I turn it back on in spring?
Thanks in advance for the help.

You don't have to but why not use this opportunity to flush your hot water tank and get the sediment out of it?
Thanks for the info. It's only a couple of months old so maybe I'll just skip it this year.
Just out of curiousity how does this setup piped? Are they in parallel and you open and close shutoffs depending on which you're using or are they in series and all hot water (or water to be heated) goes through both?
first of all it is NOT a HOT WATER HEATER, it is a water heater. You do not heat HOT WATER
. Thanks for the info. It's only a couple of months old so maybe I'll just skip it this year.

Are you Oscar_Lives or are you just learning from him..?