Dryer Problem

I have a GE dryer and have a problem. Everything works on the dryer except that it doesn't produce any heat to dry the clothes. Is there something I could check and maybe fix myself?
Do you know how to use an electrical test meter? If yes, check the thermostats and the heater elements, if it is electric. If it is gas, check the thermostat and also the electric part of te gas valve. If you don't know how to use testers, then you need to call someone who does.
You may look for a reset button and press it, it may have one in the control compartment. If your dryer is propane check to see if there is propane in your tank.
Not enough information given for a good answer.
Stretch

....but before you do anything, make sure the controls are set to a "heat" rather just an air fluff setting......
Patrick
This happened to me one time on an older electric dryer. I was told it was the heating element, so I promptly went to an appliance dealer and bought one and then ended up calling a repairman. Turned out that the problem was at my breaker box and not in the element. One of the breakers had come "unseated" and so I was only getting 110V to the dryer instead of 220V. Hence, the dryer would spin and such, but no generate no heat.
Thanks for the info. My dryer is electric. Where would I be looking for the thermostat and reset buttons.
Being that this is an old dryer am I just better off getting a new one then getting a repairman to fix it?

Try to fix it your self first. There are appliance repair sites on the web http://www.repairclinic.com/ is one of the better ones to start with.
If you need to call in a repair man call a few to get opinions about repairing with there service calls and all added in and then you can do the math.
Rich
purchased a new GE washer n dryer couple years ago and it is a POSpiece of chit. If I could afford to get rid of them I would.
Let's try again. Where do I find the reset button on the dryer??

How old? Mom's old Maytag had the heating element in a circle all the way around the front opening. I could just see it if I pulled the front of the case out a bit and was at just the right angle. As she had renters who had access to the machines, occasionally a forgotten coin would come out of a pocket and make it through the little gap and short-circuit the element against the case, burning it out. I replaced it myself a couple of times before we figured out why and how it was blowing.
If you're very good with tools, you can dissemble the dryer and check the thermal overloads.
--

Christopher A. Young
Do good work.