Revent Dryer

I recently moved my new home and found it quite strange why the dryer was vented into the Garage. When ever I dry my clothes everything in the garage gets humid and I know that can't be good for the Car. The problem is I don't want to vent it to the attic because the dryer is on the first floor and I can't vent it directly out the laudry room because that is the front of the house.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am at a lost.

Tim

Reply to
Tim

Duct along the garage, and out the garage roof?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

You shouldn't vent it *into* the attic regardless as that will eventually cause more expensive problems than to your car. You can vent it *through* the attic to the outdoors if properly designed. You can read about dryer venting at the following link:

How long can my dryer vent be?

You mean because of estetics?

There's not too many choices and most will depend on your home's design and what you're willing to do or put up with. Vent through the closest wall (recommended) and maybe hide the vent with a shrub, vent

*through* the attic which may involve cutting a hole in the roof or soffit and depending on total length, may require a 'booster fan'.

You could use an 'indoor vent kit' which will cause all the dryer's moisture to go into that room or purchase a condensing dryer which condenses the dryer's exhaust moisture and sends it down the same drain your washer uses. The latter are expensive though as can be seen at the following link:

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

You definitely don't want to vent it into the attic. That would be a great way to cause mold (and / or icing and water damage if you are in one of the colder climes). You DO want to vent it outside, either through a side wall or the foundation. Or even above the garage door if you have to.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

Hi,

Maybe you can continue that duct inside the garage to an outside wall???....as long as the overall length of the venting system doesn't get too long....

Since we cannot see your house layout, any other direction the vent could go besides into the garage?

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Absolutely the most efficient, sensible weay to do it. IMO, home designers who put laundry facilties in a room without access to a side or rear outside wall should be dipped in sorghum syrup, covered with dryer lint and staked over an ant hill.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst