Horiz. Clapboard Repair: Cutting Out Of A Small Section: How ?

Hello,

Can't quite envision a "clean" way of doing this:

Let's say you have to replace a foot long section right in the middle of perhaps a 12 foot section of horizontal clapboards.

How does one cut it out; only the foot long section ? (leaving the rest, on either side, in place).

The only way I can think of is to use a keyhole saw, as that would enable me to place the teeth flat right against the wood. But, how does one cut the section that is underneath the clapboard above ?

This seems like one of those subjects where there is a real trick involved, but I don't see it.

Any how-to suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Robert11

You don't. You pop the bottom nails from the entire clapboard above, then replace the entire board below. Never cut out and piece a section when you can do it properly. Shouldn't take more than an hour to repair it properly, and yes, I've done it a lot.

Reply to
<h>