Homeopathics exposed - Yay!

Page 1 of 3
http://tinyurl.com/4tr42mg
From Randi the magician. This beloved, white-bearded Skeptic has been trying for years to pay out a million dollars to anyone who can prove the efficacy of these drugs.
A good read!
HB
http://tinyurl.com/4tr42mg
From Randi the magician. This beloved, white-bearded Skeptic has been trying for years to pay out a million dollars to anyone who can prove the efficacy of these drugs.
A good read!
HB
Higgs Boson wrote:

I witness the efficacy every day for the past 20 years or so. I'll give you ones mall simple example. There is a product called {Teething tablet} produced by Hyland . When baby cries and not feeling good when new tooth is coming out, the tablet calm the baby down.
On 2/5/2011 5:42 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

I suspect your example is that it gives the baby something to think about.
No question in my mind, homeopathy is pure BS. It may not harm you but it is useless except maybe as the placebo effect.

The placebo effect is perfectly real. It works even if the people taking the placebo knows it's a placebo. Lots of things are BS, the power of the mind is not one of them.
Read some of the recent studies on placebos and the difference in effect between a control group. It's by no means negligible.
RicodJour wrote:

Perfect means 100%. Please define Placeo.

You are mistaken on your definition of perfectly in this context. If the odds of flipping a coin and having it come up heads is 1 in 2, it does not mean that every second flip will be heads.
RicodJour wrote:

Then define protocol in clinical setting what is controlled group drug testing agaist placebo. Do you know the history of homeopathic which still eveolves. If you don't believe in homeophatic pills, I don't think you'll be afraid to take some which can be made so strong you can die.

A few things, Tony. I believe you misunderstand what I meant. I do not believe that 'western medicine', 'eastern medicine' or 'homeopathic' anything are infallible, but there's some truth in all of them.
If anyone believes all of homeopathic treatments are a bunch of hooey (that's a medical term), all they have to do is look at the active in willow bark, which was used for millennia for pain, and neti pots. Simple and effective. People didn't wake up and become smart within the last century. People have been smart all along. Throwing out all of that smart because some things that they did were proven wrong or not understood, is, well, stupid.
Lastly, please use a spellchecker. I know you're a smart guy, and there shouldn't be any unnecessary barriers to communication. Thanks.

Good grief. Your idea of "medicine" is that something that will kill you in reasonable quantities will cure you (of whatever) in less than atomic quantities, because it left an "impression" on the media? GMAFB!

On 2/6/2011 1:05 PM, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

He does not understand the definition of homeopathic medicine and is confusing with folk medicine.

And vaccines were invented how, exactly?
What's the function of a fever? Not the cause, the function.
My point is that there's good and bad in everything, and to throw out all knowledge from any area because of some bad results is stupid.
Cars pollute - get rid of them! Dogs poop in your backyard - kill them off!
It's that sort of thinking that stops rationale thinking. It's an emotional response, nothing more.

Not with sub-atomic quantities of the material. AND not by "impressing" a toxin on the media.

Irrelevant.
If it's nonsense, it's nonsense. Damage is damage. There is *NO* value of homeopathy and it does cause damage.

That's typical of your level of discussion.

Quite the opposite, idiot.

Name calling is not an emotional response, eh? ;)

I call a spade a spade, idiot.
I was curious, as I don't really remember much of what you say, and you seemed to be all over Usenet all of a sudden, so I checked out your posting profile. It seems I owe you an apology. You are clearly intent on going for the Usenet Newsgroup Posting Frequency record. A noble goal!
I really like newsgroups and enjoy the back and forth, and sometimes I wonder if I'm spending too much time doing it, but I stand in awe of your single-minded obsession. In 11 months you've posted almost 8600 times. You are truly a Newsgroup Ninja Master.
I will take this opportunity to admit that there is no way I could keep up with your lightning fast Send button and the raw speed with which you can type "You are an idiot" on this and other newsgroups, so I will no longer try.
Good luck going for the record.
PS You may want to invest in some backup keyboards.

More proof that you're just stupid.

Good grief you're stupid.

But you *ARE* an idiot. It's time for you to admit it.

I buy good ones. The last one went 18 years. Perhaps you could learn *something* here.

== Homeopaths, Scientologists and Chiropractic healing all phony baloney crap. ==

Now we're getting somewhere. You are closer to the truth when you state it that way - that current practitioners are for the most part charlatans. No argument there.
I'm not quite sure why you threw in Scientologists into a discussion of medical knowledge, because they have nothing to do with medicine or knowledge, and they're the biggest scam going. R

It's interesting when someone on the Usenet openly defends fraud, even if he doesn't understand what he's said.