Homemade wood preservative

Hello,
Does anyone know a recipe for a wood preserative other then boiled linseed oil and mineral spirits?
Thanks in advance
In the lazaret of wooden fishing boats we used Creosote, pine tar, and Linseed oil, mix it altogether. Then we heated it up and painted it on. When heating you have to be very careful because it ignites easily. It wouldn't be good for a deck, but on the ground it would work alright.

linseed oil and mineral spirits?<
Where do you buy the Creosote? I thought it was outlawed.

You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant !!!