Wood preserative

I have a load of wood, previously used in indoor structures, that I am thinking of recycling into a shed.

What's the best thing to treat it with? Prefereably something resistant to being set fire to.

Oh, and I read that creosote has been outlawed?

TIA.

Reply to
R D S

It has but you can buy creosote substitute, which is still creosote but without the nasties that were in the original stuff.

Not good if you are fearful of it being set fire to as it's highly flammable.

Reply to
Phil L

Not outlawed, just restricted in various ways.

RW