PING Sam

How did the levelling go?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Probably get an answer tomorrow...she's stuck in the room,if ya get my drift. ;-)

Reply to
George

I didnt find it difficult Dave, its just having never used this studd before and never used a float, given the time it allows 15-20 mins it doesnt leave me a lot of time to get it right but I think it want ok.

I wonder is a second coat, quite thin poured all over the top and NOT manipulated would give me a perfect finish? I was thinking where the join is it looks and feels a little lumpy, a second layer of SLC qite thin just poured on would seal the joint and give a flat finish.

Thanks for asking Dave. i wouldnt want to do a huge room with it. But I had a go and I am 75% pleased I think

Reply to
Samantha Booth

message

We want a picture,we want a pic,we want a picture to see if Sam has done the trick. ;-)

Reply to
George

In message , Samantha Booth writes

I last used SLC about 20 years ago and used two layers

you need to get rid of the "white" surface layer which can form on top and inhibit bonding between the two layers

Reply to
geoff