homelite gas trimmer help needed

     The flexible drive cable has broken off in the curved alluminum tube.
About a 3in piece of it anyways ..
I have found where to buy the replacement cable .. but .. I dont know how to get that broken piece out of the housing.
the ground end of the housing has a threaded 2in piece sticking out of it with a 11/16 nut at the base of it. But .. that nut will NOT unscrew, I dont even know if that has anything to do with taking it apart
thanks mike

Check for left hand thread on the nut??
I tried turning the nut thinking left hand thread and right hand thread .. I cant get it to budge
On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 20:52:00 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nospam.com (Mike_in_SD) wrote:

The "nut" on the business end is part of an assembly that is probably swaged onto the cable. My guess is that the shaft tube has to be separated from the engine to remove the cable. Just a guess, but I own an old Homlite, and that's what it looks like to me.