HomeDepot scaffolding?

I need to (eventually) tape and bed sheetrock on the ceiling of the place I'm renovating. I looked at Home Depot and they have a 6' steel scaffolding on wheels (I hope the wheels are lockable) for $199. Anyone have any experience with this item or have a better suggestion? The sheetrock is about 13' off the deck.
Mike
On 2015-11-18 11:04 PM, Mike wrote:

better equipment and more cost effective.
--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati
FrozenNorth wrote:

On Wednesday, November 18, 2015 at 11:15:21 PM UTC-5, FrozenNorth wrote:

HD probably rents it too. I had a great room that needed painting. I was surprised that the painter I hired rented the scaffolding. Sounds like the type the OP is talking about, it was on rolling wheels that locked. It comes down to cost, how much other use he'd have for it, and storage.
On 11/18/2015 9:04 PM, Mike wrote:

What's wrong with a drywall lift?
On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 12:12:09 AM UTC-5, Don Y wrote:

How does a drywall lift help him tape and mud drywall that is 13' feet off of the deck?
On 11/19/2015 5:12 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

We have the scaffolding that looks like this: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Werner-6-ft-Steel-Rolling-Scaffold-1000-lb-Load-Capacity-SRS-72/202822418?cm_mmc=SEM|THD|G|0|G-Pro-PLA-D22-MaterialsSupply|&gclid=CPPp1vLnnMkCFQZbfgodqLgIWg&gclsrc=aw.ds
I'm not sure how many years we've had it, but it's come in handy for various projects, plus, it disassembles fairly easy and doesn't need too much space to store.
--
Maggie

A lift is what I plan to use to get the sheet rock up to the ceiling. I'm not aware you can tape and bed from a lift.
Mike
On 11/19/2015 2:21 PM, Mike wrote:

stilts
On 11/19/2015 3:13 PM, Don Y wrote:

<http://www.walmart.com/ip/Pentagon-Tool-Tall-Guyz-Professional-24-40-Drywall-Stilts-For-Sheetrock-Painting-or-Cleaning/29561417
On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 4:24:16 PM UTC-5, Mike wrote:

Don Y appears to have missed the 13' part of your post.
You'd need stilts like these or taller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m26uHzA0X7I

On 11/18/2015 9:04 PM, Mike wrote:

I checked at one of our local HD's last night and their drywall lifts only go to 11 ft. But, any of the 6 or 8 other "equipment rental" places in town have 15' units: <http://www.abceqrental.com/products.php?idR9&location=&top=Products&cat '> You'll have to decide ahead of time if you're going to stick with 12' panels or feel ambitious enough to tackle 16 ft! :> (personally, I stuck with 8' panels as they "fit" the ceiling/wall space I was doing much better -- less cutting)
Be wary of the Harbor Freight lifts -- they are pretty flimsy. You can visibly see the difference in quality between one of these and a "pro" lift (from an equipment rental place).
If you opt for scaffolding, note you'll still need to lift the drywall up *to* that level. Drywall is heavy and bulky. Nothing worse than getting a sheet up -- only to see you've buggered the edges (and will now be trying to patch them "upside down").
If you rent, make sure you allow enough time for the job. Unless you've done this before, it will take you a lot longer than you expect! :<
Invest in a (electric) drywall screwdriver -- it will pay for itself almost immediately! Practice with the stilts before you put yourself in a situation where you "can't risk falling".
If you have a bad back, be extra wary -- it's really easy to twist the "wrong way" when you're working "upside down".
Have you thought about what sort of texture you'll apply? ("smooth" requires a LOT of skill!)
Have fun!
On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 12:50:59 PM UTC-5, Don Y wrote:

Using stilts for 13' ceiling might be rather interesting.
This video shows "double stilts" used for a 12' ceiling. The OP would need stilts that are another foot taller than these:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m26uHzA0X7I

That is not a height I would want to fall down from.

Mike wrote :

Mike, I used six foot wide scaffold frames that came in 3', 5' and 8' tall sections. You can get scaffolding like this from Home Depot or Lowes, or a reputable builders supply. I like this kind of scaffold because you can stack them or extend them to suit your project. This scaffold is rentable as well. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200642937_200642937