Home Generator Question

I have a WEN Power Pro Model 9000 16HP generator. It has a female funny-looking plug on the side labelled DC 12V 8.3A
I have never known what this plug is for, nor can I find any info on it in the manual or via Google. Some has said it is for charging the generator batery. Could it be so?
If so, what wud the necessary plug/wire thingee be called so's I can order same. I never saw one in the original box - now long gone.
Thanks
Wei
On 10/14/2014 9:10 AM, snipped-for-privacy@Taiwan.com wrote:

I think it's for charging 12 volt car batteries. The manual (I went and looked in it) doesn't mention the cord.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Tuesday, October 14, 2014 9:24:49 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I guess he thinks if he starts a second thread in the same place he'll get different answers from the same people.
On 10/14/2014 9:37 AM, trader_4 wrote:

My pleasure. The 12 volt socket is so you can connect a VB-206 diagnostic scope. A factory trained technician can adjust the sine wave rectification slope, and also the peak envelope power output of the generator. This is done by use of a Field Utility Link Layered Ammeter, and a Complete Reading Analog Pickup.
Since this is a long name, it's often known by the acronym, made by the first letters of the technical terms.
Of course, you might have one of the earlier generators which is not technician adjustable. The only way to know is by sinusoidal adjustment of the ferrites.
How'd I do?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

That was beneath you. The guy is legitimately asking for help, though a bit confused.
On 10/14/2014 9:54 AM, Pico Rico wrote:

You're right. I ought have been more serious. I don't think he sounds confused, just facing a new adapter he'd not yet seen.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

It took me four hours to figure out that 'FU' meant Felix Unger.
wrote in message

I think there was confusion by the poor translation of the manual, including the erroneous indication of 12 v rather than 12.6v, and NOT charge batteries rather than ONLY charge batteries. Quite the mistranslation!

Here's the manual: http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0607217.pdf
Page 19, last paragraph "The generator is equipped with a DC terminal. This terminal is not intended for use to charge automotive batteries"
Page 29, item 6 "DC output receptacle P/N 35513-1"
The plug is p/n 56101-000, not in the manual. Also used on Model 1001 $9.95 + shipping (800) 232-1195

Here's the manual: http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0607217.pdf
Page 19, last paragraph "The generator is equipped with a DC terminal. This terminal is not intended for use to charge automotive batteries"
Page 29, item 6 "DC output receptacle P/N 35513-1"
The plug is p/n 56101-000, not in the manual. Also used on Model 1000 (corrected) $9.95 + shipping (800) 232-1195
PS ---
There is a reason why the cord was not included with the 9000 and the manual specifically says "not for recharging batteries".
Only use storage battery chargers that are specifically designed for recharging storage batteries. This is not one of those "let's see if it works" projects. They really can explode and spash sulfuric acid all over if not handled properly.

Here's the manual: http://www.managemylife.com/mmh/lis_pdf/OWNM/L0607217.pdf
Page 19, last paragraph "The generator is equipped with a DC terminal. This terminal is not intended for use to charge automotive batteries"
Page 29, item 6 "DC output receptacle P/N 35513-1"
The plug is p/n 56101-000, not in the manual. Also used on Model 1000 (corrected) $9.95 + shipping (800) 232-1195
PS ---
There is a reason why the cord was not included with the 9000 and the manual specifically says "not for recharging batteries".
Only use storage battery chargers that are specifically designed for recharging storage batteries. This is not one of those "let's see if it works" projects. They really can explode and spash sulfuric acid all over if not handled properly.
but the cord shown in the manual has battery terminal clamps.
or, maybe this generator manufacturer provides 12V for running 12V lighting only, that should be the safest load for such a crummy 12v source.
I would just use a 110v battery charger, even if I had to run it off the generator. That way I could run some other 110v stuff during a power outage.

Where I used to work, a committee was formed, and I was on it. Topic 1: what is the defined purpose of this committee?
various responses.
me: NO! The purpose of this committee is to DISBAND THIS COMMITTEE. Let's get the job done and be done with it.
all agreed.