Home Depot Warning

Page 3 of 4
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:03:58 -0600, "Steve Barker DLT"

You are an unmitigated idiot.
Use your credit card at a checkout that has a key logger trojan and your credit card swipe gets transmitted .... Somewhere. So do all the passwords entered on the computer to access other areas of the merchant's network, and pin numbers entered on the card swip machine.

There is no such word in any language. The ENGLISH plural for virus is viruses.

On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:13:16 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

You are technically correct, It is not ENGLISH. However it is in common usage,and both are technically incorrect.
Virus in the latin, I believe, is neither singular nor plural as it denoted something uncountable.
In computer circles both viruses and virii are commonly used, while in some places virus is used, no matter if singular or plural.
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 21:38:52 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

The use of "virii" indicates a certain level of ignorance and non-thinking. Call it parroting if you prefer. It is used by those who probably don't know much about the subject.

Virii makes you sound more intellectual, though.
Steve

Not to anyone with actual intelligence.
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:03:58 -0600, "Steve Barker DLT"

Assuming you have all your service packs up to date on Windows you are correct. HOWEVER, on a straight XP install, even with SP1 installed, there are several hundred vulnerabilities, many of which can be infiltrated WITHOUT opening an attachment.
Auto Update is your friend. I always set it up to automatically download the updates and notify me so I control what and when it updates - nothing quite like having the computer update itself and reboot in the middle of a critical operation.
On Tue, 25 Nov 2008 11:56:34 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

There is nothing scary about a virus.
Phisherman wrote:

Really? so a keylogger really isn't a problem?
It's more of problem than a keelogger, which hasn't yet been invented.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

So, you have NO problem with keyloggers?
BTW, there is NO spyware on MY computer thanks to using common sense and Webroot's Spy Sweeper.

Google : Trojan keelogger, and then get back to us, Mr. Security Expert!
Google 'chemtrails' or 'tin foil hat'. then don't bother getting back to us. just kill yourself.

Steve Barker DLT wrote:

Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean it can't or doesn't happen.
"keelogger"? Would that be next to the kee grinder, by the tools area? I think I found the kee to all of life's problems.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I realize Mormons are very rigid in their bizarre beliefs. I didn't know they had similar problems in everyday communications with people.
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

I suppose you're one of "The Chosen" and a practitioner of THE one and only true faith sanctioned by GOD. Why don't you really get nasty and call the guy a Democrat.
TDD
On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 06:51:12 -0600, The Daring Dufas

God?

Not to worry. Every religion has a term to define non believers, and passages in their one true correct holy books that gives believers license to treat them like a dog. Infidel, Gentiles, pagans, etc.
Steve
SteveB wrote:

I had a Christian talk radio host tell me that Catholicism was a cult. I take umbrage when I see someone criticize another's religious background unless you're picking on Southern Baptists. You can tease them all you want.
TDD

I'm a Southern Baptist. What words of wisdom do you have for me?
Steve