Home Depot 1/4" Lag Screw

Page 5 of 10

WTF, World Trade Foundation. Replaced WTC in 1991.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I thought proly was short for proberbly.
--
EA

Existential Angst wrote:

LOL, I think you hit the nail on the head!

What Baba Wawa calls her parrot I guess.
Ah dunno. Prolly one uh dem nawthun boy sayins.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 12/16/2009 09:09, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

some form of instant messaging..

You mean, like, my BFFs?
--
EA

New to Usenet, huh?

No. Just being a pain in the neck. :-)
I resemble that remark, prolly. The director of Media Services (supervised all the libraries in my school district) was named Felgenhour. He used to say "prolly", and "Prekesit". "Yes, my secretary is both good typist and good looking. That's a job prekesit". He did get a bit steamed when one of the girls in my class started calling him "Felgy". He was a bit too serious, prolly.
I used to use 8 x 3" strike plate screws, when I installed more deadbolts. They worked fine. 1/8 inch pilot hole, and then inject the hole full of petroleum jelly.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

These diseases spread much too easily.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Hey, at lease she waren't callin' 'im "Felgercarb".

I was referring to cute word wreckage based on language used by characters in cartoon strips.

Sheeit, I'll take word wreckage any day, over this goddamm valley-speak that's creeping into even mainstream advertising. That, and effing rap-speak... yo.
--
EA

Reminds me of a guy I went through basic training with. New york street punk. First time he said "yo sargent", he found out that language was important.

It's not New York. It's N'yawk, one word. Or, depending, New Jork.
If Bloomberg has his way, it will be New "Poor people not allowed/Owned by Bloomberg" York.
--
EA

Existential Angst wrote:

French lady, heading home, tells cab driver "take me to New York Airport". Three people shout "NEWARK". She replies "I don't _care_ you you pronounce it".
That could hurt. Let me guess, the Sargeant wasn't all that impressed? And the NYC kid found out how to make the Sargeant spit blood?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

for the drill sargents (four of them ganged up on him) to entirely kick the "bad ass" attitude out of him. By that time though, they had already decided he wasn't going to graduate. They made his life hell for the entire cycle. Just before graduation, they sent him home. He was a source of entertainment though. Everyone kept track of "the adventures of Lewis". Most memorable was when we went to the gas chamber. Lewis had been given (intentionally) a defective mask. Upon entering the chamber, he started to gag, threw off his mask and ran for the door. The drill sargent kicked his mask into the far corner as another one, just outside the door, grabbed him and through him back in. They made him crawl around in there until he found his mask. When he did, he picked it up and again ran out the door. Again he was thrown back in, made to clear and seal his mask (which did not work). He did as he was told and then ran out the door again. Again, he was thrown back in. The drill sargent said "I didn't tell you to leave". He was made to stand there for a minute when the drill sargent told him to take off his mask and get out. Did I mention the 30 inch diameter oak just outside the door? Lewis, by this time not being able to see, met that tree at full speed.

I know a kid who went through something similar. Apparently, they're allowed a certain amount of time to phone family. Well, this kid was never particularly polite to his mother, to put it mildly. This day on the phone, he was being especially obnoxious with her. That was the first and last mistake he made in the Marines, because his drill sergeant was standing silently right behind him as he talked to mom. His mother told me later that the kid was having "a rough time" in the Marines afterward. The sergeant made sure of that in every way he could.