home air cleaner

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@privacy.net wrote:

I wouldn't use anything in my dishwasher unless it is recommended by the dishwasher manufacturer.
--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

The problem with electrostatic is they loose efficency fast when they get dirty, they should be cleaned 3 to 12 times a year. Paper increases in efficency for particle removal as they get dirtier and usualy last longer 1 yr.
Hi, The so called elctronic ones are high tension element which attracts dust/pollen and holds it. In my house once a year cleaning is enough. I was not refering to the paper element ones. Tony
mark Ransley wrote:

I dont know how dirty you call dirty ,the point is they loose effectiveness quickly When they are really dirty , they have lost cleaning ability long ago, where paper gets better. Its just better to clean them often. Check your blower and furnace to see if you have buildup , that will help determine if you wash it enough. Also I beleive they pull around 100 watts For me that would add 85.00 a year running 12 hrs a day. My large paper filter costs 20.00 and lasts a year. But true It doesnt run 12 hr , unless its real hot or cold out. Either way , there is a trade off.

The Freidrich unit is a stand alone unit.
Its NOT something built into your furnace.
John
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (xanuda) wrote:

I'm also considering something like this - specifically a standalone unit for our laundry room. We have a number of cats and the dust of the litter settles quite heavily in the rooms nearest the laundry room. I'm thinking this is going to be a pretty demanding environment for the air cleaner. *Lots* of fine grained dust will probably mean frequent filter changes. Does anyone have suggestions for a unit that will stand up to the dust load and for which the cost of filter replacement wont kill me?
Does it make more sense to put a vent fan in the room to suck the dust outside? I live in Houston, so it's very hot and humid alot of the time and I thought the vent might cost me big on the electric bill by blowing all my cool air out.
Any thoughts?
Rusty