HOA to evict 6-year old

Page 4 of 8

If that happened tomorrow to living people, how do you think that would shake out?
Steve
Add pictures here
✖

¿¿¿¿
"almost always"
Other than human beings, who else sells illegal drugs? Is that what the deer are doing in my yard all night?
Add pictures here
✖

They're using vending machines now. Even though the machine says "Coca Cola", they're selling coke in a can now.
Add pictures here
✖
Hell Toupee wrote:

This particular case has been going on for a long, long time. Time enough for the child's mother to finish rehab and be a mother again. My condo does no background checks, and would be more inclined to welcome those who fail than those who pass.....wonder what the HOA history is with the mother of this child and whether there is bad blood because of the mother. Not enforcing the bylaws could get the HOA sued for discrimination, so solutions aren't always easy. If the grandparents are willing to take such a heavy loss in selling their place, why not just rent it out and live elsewhere? Their family problems may be tragic, but the whole neighborhood doesn't need to pay the price.
Add pictures here
✖

That's hardly the only remedy to this situation. The legistlature could also ban HOAs from excluding chidren.
This wouldn't require any change in taxes.
Now I don't think a straight, immediately-effective ban would be fair to those who moved where they did because there was a bad, but there are lots of intermediate options, requiring each memberships to vote whether to conintue or not as child-proof, requireing 60 or 70% or more to approve such a rule, maybe increasing the percentage every few years, requiring several years for any change to take effect.
Anything I would support probably wouldn't help this 6 year old.
I'm afraid the solution for her is for her grandparents to move, and take her with them. Lots of kids move for the first time when they are 6, or younger or older.

Yes, renting would be good. then they can move back when she's 18 or whatever the age limit is.
Add pictures here
✖

It would require a HUGE change in taxes. Over half the annual budget for any community with children goes for schools.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Which should be exempted from individuals who do not have children.
You breed 'em, you feed 'em.
Jon
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 10:28:46 -0800, "Jon Danniken"

Very short-sighted view of things. You get many benefits both tangible and intangible from educating those children.
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance.
Add pictures here
✖

Exactly. A few years ago, old folks here were having town hall meetings to bitch about taxes. They got news coverage. The comments were like these:
- Let's cut sports out of the high school budget. Too expensive. (Estimated tax increase was about $19 a year) :-)
- We need to do something about aimless kids hanging around after school and getting into trouble.
- Who the hell needs to learn foreign languages any more?
Very logical. Duh.
Add pictures here
✖
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Educating a child should not be a welfare payment. If you make the decision to have a child, then you need to provide the funds for properly raising that child, including medical care, food, housing, and yes, education.
You breed 'em, you feed 'em.
Jon
Add pictures here
✖

Translation: Love your grandkids, but bitch about contributing to their education. Be sure to also bitch when a young cashier is pitifully dumb.
Logical? No. Normal? Sure.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:19:18 -0500, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Dumb cashiers are the least of your worries. Try and find a Doctor to save your life that hasn't had an education. Try and find any business that can survive without an educated workforce. Try and find enough people who can earn enough money to pay taxes that haven't first been educated. Jon Danniken wants all the benefits without having to participate. He's a freeloader and a drag on society. Put him on an island somewhere with all the other antisocial misfits. One thing is common to the poorest places on earth: very little public education.
Add pictures here
✖
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

You're right, your "translation" was not logical.
I think it is obvious that you are the one lacking in an education.
Jon
Add pictures here
✖

OK. What did you mean?
Add pictures here
✖
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I think my statement stands on it's own, but perhaps it lacks clarity. What part, specifically, are you having trouble understanding?
Jon
Add pictures here
✖
Jon Danniken wrote the following:

Most of us here do provide the funds, through school taxes, for education and all other expenses, at least I have for my 4 kids. I never received any money for unemployment, or welfare, or even food stamps. I did have to get federal school funding which I have repaid,. plus the interest they charged.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

{out of usual lurk mode} These statements demonstrate that the family in question and the OP are worlds apart, even in the US.
Most kids put in this situation are not "decisions to have a child" in the first place. Accidents happen, prostitution for drugs happens, irresponsible use of contraception happens.
With that premise in mind, having funds to raise the child is not even a consideration. Adoption is not usually considered because of loss of medicaid when parental rights are signed over. Having the estimated tens of thousands of dollars it takes to raise a child to the age of 18 does not ever enter into the equation. That money comes from John and Jane Taxpayer.
They can breed 'em. Almost like rabbits, I sometimes think. That is their constitutional and inalienable right, and none of us can even Try to take that away from "them". You and I feed 'em and care for them, through WIC, ADC, Medicaid, etc etc.
Grandma and Grandpa may have aged into middle class and brought granddaughter into it by default of Mother's drug habit. I would be skeptical that Mother is a member of the middle class, and would not have acquired the sense of responsibility reflected in your post, above. Totally different worlds.
FWIW, I've taken care of these folks from the obstetric (delivered them) and gynecologic (contraception and sterilization) perspectives, and now from the psychiatric (read ADHD, coke kids, drug abuse in kids and adults, kids on foster care, foster parents thinking they have guardianship when they do not, narcissistic senses of entitlement, and people who otherwise want what they want when they want it.) Totally different world compared to the white collar community in which I was raised.
Linda H., M.D.
Add pictures here
✖
Mr. Salty
Ignorance is down fall in any society, however so is no responsibility!
In these country at present time and have been for long time, there is people
out there they make babies like rabbets, cats or misses and this arrogant SOBs
are proud of it, they do not care who is going to feed them, educate them or
keep them healthy because they know that are having bleeding harts that
will be taking care of, by your and my taxes "do you think that's fairy".
They are women out there with 6 to 12 kids with no known fathers,
The parents that go on drugs and alcohol put them to work hard labor
As it was done many years ago,"Inhumane my foot", let them work instead put
them in luxury jails with TVs exercise machines ETC.
But mentalities of our government and Supreme Court dummies don't see it that
way. So the tax payer of this country including those on social security
that barely or hardly covers their living expenses paying for it. Please don't even
mention medications that most of seniors had to cope with averaging around
$3000.00 per year. Now after 50 for me 55 years of full time work, me and seniors
should be expect some one going to come and tell me that I got to feed and bring up
this bustards Sorry I am fred not, that is reason for rules at senior living communities.
I do not have anything against the children but parents of these children should
be executed then I will say lets contribute and bring up these kids right way.
I came from Europe as USA citizen with 6 grade of elementary schooling,
I have two kids grown up and educated no one have contribute single penny
for they education Federal or State all money came from my hard work
and they part time work so I do not need hear about ignorance.
Presently we are giving education in how many forging languages none was
giving to me in forging or English if they want to learn let them learn hard
way as I have and lot others did. In my town we can reduce taxes by 30%
if only English was taught.
I know that I am little of the subject but like audience know where
I am coming from, it is necessary that we all need to take in
Consideration all facts and not bear header of the page.

Add pictures here
✖
I'm curious: What is your first language? Spanish?

✖
Croatian

✖