Higher flow solenoid for fridge water dispanser?

I'm trying to increase the flow of water through the water dispenser in my fridge door. I've narrowed the problem down to the solenoid at the back of the fridge that only has 1/4" tubing ports on it. I bypass it and the flow is really nice.
Does someone know of a 120VAC solenoid with 3/8" ports on it? I'll need a part number or the make/model of the applicance it came from so I can order one.
thx
Here you go. You're not going to like the price
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/items/3UK48
Solenoid Valve,2 Way,NC,Brass,3/8 In
* Plumbing * > Valves * > Solenoid Valves
Solenoid Valve, High Flow, Number of Ways 2, Configuration Normally Closed, Pipe Size 3/8 In, Orifice Dia 5/8 In, PSI Differential Min 5, Pressure Differential Max 200, PSI Differential Air Inert Gas 200, PSI Differential Water 150, PSI Differential Light Oil 135, Max Fluid Temp 180 F, Voltage 120, Watts 6.1, Body Material Brass, Gasket Material NBR, Length 2.75 In, Width 2.28 In, Center Line Pipe Center Size 1.94 In, Height 3.38 In, Agency Compliance CSA Certified Grainger Item #     3UK48      Price (ea.)     $110.95      Brand     RED HAT      Mfr. Model #     8210G001      Ship Qty.     1      Sell Qty. (Will-Call)     1      Ship Weight (lbs.)     1.95      Usually Ships**     Today      Catalog Page No.     3551 catalog      [Solenoid Valve, High Flow, Number of Ways 2, Configuration Normally Closed, Pipe Size 3/8 In, Orifice Dia 5/8 In, PSI Differential Min 5, Pressure Differential Max 200, PSI Differential Air Inert Gas 200, PSI Differential Water 150, PSI Differential Light Oil 135, Max Fluid Temp 180 F, Voltage 120, Watts 6.1, Body Material Brass, Gasket Material NBR, Length 2.75 In, Width 2.28 In, Center Line Pipe Center Size 1.94 In, Height 3.38 In, Agency Compliance CSA Certified] Enlarge Image See Notes & Restrictions for important safety information. Qty. Add a TripleGuardSM Extended Warranty for $35
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Did you check to see if the present solenoid might have a spec of junk inside it impeding the flow?
A few months ago I had a new Sears' fridge delivered and the "installer" screwed up a rubber washer on the connection between my 1/4" copper supply line and the plastic input line on the new fridge.
I wasn't home when that installation took place and SWMBO didn't test the water system until after the guy left.
I figured if I started troubleshooting it myself I might screw up the warranty so I asked for Sears' help and between myself and a more competant tech we narrowed down the obstruction.
A chunk of that rubber washer ended up stuck inside the inlet port of the solenoid valve, cutting the flow to barely a dribble. We removed that obstruction with a pair of sharp pointed tweezers. Problem solved.
The water dispenser doesn't exactly "piss like a racehorse", but it's fast enough for us.
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

We are just now connecting it, however the fridge is 1 year old. I checked the solenoid and there is no obstruction and it is working OK. With its 1/4 ports and our low water pressure (well system) it is just too slow. I found some dishwasher solenoinds that have large ports, I may retrofit one of those if I can't find a 'fridge' one.
thx
On Jan 4, 12:47�pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

might also be the self piercing valve try turning off and on a couple times. dirt in water can clog needle valve

No self-pierce valve used, I ran 1/2"pipe all the way with a full-flow 3/8" shutoff valve at the wall and 3/8 tubing to the fridge. Except for the solenoid it gives great flow especially considering it is a well system with RO!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

It sure sounds like you've narrowed the problem down to the restriction of the solenoid valve correctly.
Could you maybe just adapt your supply line to the "hose thread" inlet fitting on a washing machine valve assembly? They have 120 volt coils.
Those valves can be had pretty cheap, or even cost nada if you pinch one off a junked machine.
Like this one on eBay:
http://tinyurl.com/787q4s
Plus, You'll have a spare valve sitting right next to the one in use, or you could plumb your supply to BOTH inlets and get half the restriction of one side. <G>
I using just one half of the valve assembly you might have to cap off the water inlet on the other half, just to play it safe.
Good Luck,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia