help with drain connection?

I just connected new sink, new garbage disposal, and old drain together. I didn't even put in the nuts yet. Could someone tell me if there is any code violation (california) before I fasten them together?

There is a 45 degree bend between the drain (metal pipe in the wall) and the J trap. This is added so that the T is not too close to the sink drain to allow space for the 90 degree elbow.

BTW, what kind of fitting should I use between the metal pipe and the plastic pipe for watertight connection? The rest of the plastic pipes use compression fittings.

Reply to
John

I'm about to embark upon a similar project.

Is that a dishwasher hose connecting to the garbage disposal? If so, you need an air gap in that line per CA code. Can't really tell from the pic but it seems unlikely you have one given that the hose appears to feed from below.

Even if you decide to disregard that code (I considered it) the hose should have a loop extending as high as possible. You don't want a blockage resulting in waste water flowing back into the dishwasher.

You might also check that the (white) plastic pipe is going to handle *hot* (potentially near boiling) water. I'm planning to use (black) ABS pipe for that reason.

Reply to
Malcolm Hoar