HELP: weatherstripping - door jamb problem

My wooden entranceway door jambs have a kerf to accept the weatherstripping. But the kerf seems too large (1/4") and the weatherstripping doesn;t stay in place. I haven't seen any weaterstripping at HD or Lowe's that is made for such a large kerf.
Is there a simple fix? A product?
Thanks a heap, -Zz

You probably have a commercially made prehung door, perhaps Andersen, Pella or Thermatrue. It may be a PITA but, talking with a customer service person at one or all of them might get you the info on where or how to get weatherstripping that will fit. Alternatively, try a local lumber yard that caters to contractors. That also may be the source of the door and may even have repair pieces for the product or could order them. You did a Google search, no doubt?
Joe

IDAGS. I always DAGS.
Thanks for the info, Joe.
-Zz

My Peachtree [about 1990 vintage] door was like that. I hit the right guy at the counter in the *real* lumberyard one day and he ran upstairs to the back of the warehouse and grabbed some for me.
I got three sets. By the time the cat ruined all of those the lumberyard was closed and nobody else had them.
Then I got smart and used a few dabs of silicone on the smaller stuff. I had to use tape to hold it in for a few hours- but it holds fine & seals well.
Sounds like a PITA- but lookie here-- they have a fix http://www.allaboutdoors.com/product_info.php?products_id 248
Jim

Door shops or Glass/glazing shops that build locally might be a source. At least for some info... ideas.

Other replies seem to indicate that those were in fact made which I did not know.
Try folding a piece of electrical tape or a 1/2 wide strip of duct tape over the edge that inserts and see if that doesn't tighten it up enough to make it stay in place.
I would test in on a small section before I applied it to a whole strip.
Colbyt

Glue in a strip of wood to close down the kerf to fit the readily available kerf gasketing.

Should you go that route, a couple of strip options.
Cut the strip off of say a 1x8 on a table saw. Just cut it so the thin piece you want is on the outside of the blade. Cheapest route and you'll have plenty of stock for multiple f'ups, errrrr...adjustments.
I saw strips of various types of wood in a hobby shop once. They ranged from like 1/32 thick and up.

I thought of this option already, but it sounds like a PITA. I've also discoverede that there are some "wide-kerf" options out there. More as I learn more.
-Zz

My Pella doors (late '70s) have the same issue, 1/4" wide kerf. After giving up on finding wide kerf weatherstrip, I came up with the idea of buying the narrow stuff (Lowe's) and holding it in place with screen roll or screen spline - the round rubber "cord" that holds your screens in their frames. I bought .190" diameter, so it's a pretty snug fit with the weatherstrip. I jammed it in behind the weatherstrip with a wide putty knive, trying not to stretch it too much as I went. On the next door I think I'll try the roller tool you use on screens. Anyway it makes for a nice tight fit, and when the strip is in place it covers the kerf so you can't see the screen spline.