help select LED replacement for 40W E17 base T6 1/2

Greetings all.
We have a Whirlpool microwave over stove arrangement. The microwave houses a incandescent 40W bulb (E17 base, tube T6 1/2) which illuminates the cook top. The problem is it's not bright enough for my wife's old eyes (mine e ither). I've seen LED replacement bulbs available but have no clue as to w hether they are good choices. There are no local dealers of such bulbs I c an find to view them, so ....
Has anyone replaced a standard (what I call a fish aquarium light) with a L ED? If so, can you recommend one? I am looking for BRIGHT but nothing tha t costs $30!
Here are the specs on our current incandescent. T6 1/2, E17 base, 40W, 2700 K, 250 lumens. Whiter color light is not a problem.
Thank you.
On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 6:53:12 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

ok top. The problem is it's not bright enough for my wife's old eyes (mine either). I've seen LED replacement bulbs available but have no clue as to whether they are good choices. There are no local dealers of such bulbs I can find to view them, so ....

hat costs $30!

Aquarium (or exit) lamp is a good call...I research this a short while back and found nothing usable at this time in LED.
On Friday, March 27, 2015 at 6:53:12 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

ok top. The problem is it's not bright enough for my wife's old eyes (mine either). I've seen LED replacement bulbs available but have no clue as to whether they are good choices. There are no local dealers of such bulbs I can find to view them, so ....

hat costs $30!

Show STOPPER. There are two settings on the bulb. Bright and dim. I know a lot of these bulbs don't tolerate a dimming circuit.
York,
Why LED? How about 420 lumens for less than $10.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5D52NZ2286&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Light+Kits-_-9SIA5D52NZ2286&gclid=CNXOttD_ysQCFU5o7Aod-F8A5g
These bulbs are ubiquitous.
Dave M.
On 03/28/2015 10:01 AM, David L. Martel wrote:

factor in the cost of electricity and you wouldn't ask that question
On 03/27/2015 09:53 PM, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Turn the lights on in your kitchen or wear one of these while cooking?
(Amazon.com product link shortened)
On Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 8:55:56 AM UTC-5, Art wrote:

cook top. The problem is it's not bright enough for my wife's old eyes (mi ne either). I've seen LED replacement bulbs available but have no clue as to whether they are good choices. There are no local dealers of such bulbs I can find to view them, so ....

that costs $30!

lol I wear one of those at work!
The kitchen lights are on. Problem is that the stove is tucked under the m icrowave.
And Dave... I'll order that 420 today and give it a try. Thing with lumen ratings is that they seem a little slippery. I've purchased bulbs that say they have more lumens only to find they don't seem any brighter at all. I guess we'll see about GE's lumens. Let you know.
Thanks
On Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 9:40:03 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

e cook top. The problem is it's not bright enough for my wife's old eyes ( mine either). I've seen LED replacement bulbs available but have no clue a s to whether they are good choices. There are no local dealers of such bul bs I can find to view them, so ....

ng that costs $30!

ay they have more lumens only to find they don't seem any brighter at all. I guess we'll see about GE's lumens. Let you know.

I noticed that the GE bulb is rated at 130. My current bulb is rate 120, s o the 130 will loose about 20% of it's light and will be at 350 lumens (if I read this chart right http://www.mendipcavinggroup.org.uk/sections/news/o ccpub2.html ) I did fail to list the operating voltage. That's it. Thank s all.
On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:53:08 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Why spend all that money. Just get a decent LED flashlight with a magnetic holder and attach it to the side of the Microwave. I recently bought such a flashlight at Menards. 72 LEDS. Uses 3 AA batteries. Cost $10. I really like it. It lights up a whole room! I could do auto repair in the dark with it, if needed. It has both magnetic holder and a fold up hook!