Help, removing a wall mount TV

Page 2 of 3
replying to Steve B, Nancy wrote:

I do not have the tool that is required to fit into the hole to unlock the bracket. I have tried all the allen wrenches I own and nothing works. Any suggestions?
On Mon, 08 Feb 2016 03:44:01 +0000, Nancy

First, depending on how old this is, it may be so heavy it requires two people, two men, to hold it up. I helped a guy mount one of those, but I don't remember what year it was. More than 6 years ago. Secondly, does it really take an Allen wrench? A hexagon hole?
If so, there are sets and bigger sets. Once I got a set with 15 sizes, I think I had enough sizes. Also there is metric and English.
I have no idea if any use Allen wrenches or not.

I have not really looked at that many commercial brackets, mine are usually home made but usually the ones I see have a spring loaded catch that holds the TV to the bottom rail and it just hooks over the top rail. Some have string bobs you pull, others have a little tab you push. Either way you tilt the bottom out and it is still hanging from the top if you don't tilt it too far. You can jam a piece of cardboard between the bottom rail and the clamp so it doesn't lock up while you walk around front to get a good grip on it. Then just lift it off Be sure all of the cables are disconnected and out of the way so you don't get hung up.
On Sunday, February 7, 2016 at 11:01:20 PM UTC-5, Micky wrote:

Mine does.
The two braces that attach to the TV have "hooks" at the top and bottom. Once you hang the TV on the mount with the top hooks and swing the bottom of the TV in, the bottom hooks go under the bottom rail of the mount so that the TV can't be lifted (or bumped) up (and off) unless you swing the bottom out.
Then, to prevent the bottom of the TV from swinging out, there are 2 large Allen head bolts that go through the top of the mount and contact the top of the braces on the TV. Once those bolts are tightened against the braces, the top of the TV can't go in, so the bottom can't swing out.
On Mon, 08 Feb 2016 03:44:01 +0000, Nancy

I wonder how old this message is, considering prodigy.net has been gone since around 2009.
On Monday, February 8, 2016 at 5:43:46 AM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

You will notice that the date of the original Joe J post was 12/2011.
However, Nancy seems to have revived the thread yesterday.
The subject is the same, but the question (and mounting method) is different.
On Mon, 8 Feb 2016 12:56:32 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

I'm curious, where did you find that date? I looked and did not find it.
However, it seems that all posts from (Some Name) caedfaa9ed1216d60ef78a6f660f5f85******@example.com are replays. Probably from "Homeowners Hub".
I'm not sure what the point is, except to keep usenet alive.
Seems to make little sense to reply to most of them, because there is no REAL OP.... But a few of them may help someome, I suppose!
On Monday, February 8, 2016 at 7:03:36 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

Well, I'm a Google Grouper (I can't use a newsreader at work, so GG keeps my history synced across my work PC, my home PC and my iPad)
Anyway, here's a screen shot of the OP in GG. Note the date in upper right corner.
http://i440.photobucket.com/albums/qq121/DerbyDad03/GG_Date_zpscwamhsah.jpg
On 2/8/2016 10:02 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

How about Thunderbird Portable? I keep it on a USB drive.
On 2/8/2016 9:09 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

haha! I just posted the same thing. I should have read your post first.
--
Maggie

On Monday, February 8, 2016 at 10:09:14 PM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

No external media allowed. USB ports disabled except for charging.
On 2/8/2016 9:02 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

You can use Thunderbird as a portable version on a flash drive and take your groups with you and not have to be confined to using GG.
--
Maggie

On Monday, February 8, 2016 at 11:54:36 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Bingo!
No external media allowed.
I can charge my smartphone via USB but that's about it.
On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 03:13:20 -0800 (PST), DerbyDad03

A good hacker could fix that! :)
On 2/9/2016 6:13 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Some commie outfit trying to keep the spies out eh. I'd not last working for a big corporation.

For a brief time I worked at a "temporary job", a company where I had to use a computer and contact a list of businesses, to make sales of their products. This was in 2001, and we had Windows 2000. We could access the web, but they had most popular websites blocked. (for example ebay). I learned that it was blocked in the HOSTS file. But we could not modify the settings within Windows. I easily got around that, using the DOS command line, and within minutes I was able to access any website. So, while others were sitting there bored (between our actual work), I was shopping on ebay and looking at humorous pictures. I began saving some of those pictures too. which would get everyone in the office laughing, because I found a way to also send those pictures to others on the intranet (not internet), which was just within our building.
The boss never caught on to this the whole time I was there. Soon this job (being temporary), came to an end. Before I left, I wanted to clean up my computer, but wanted to save those pictures. We could not use a floppy (I tried) in those computers. That was simple enough, I just emailed all the pictures to my own email address at home. Then I had to once again go to the command line (Dos) to delete the pictures and restore the original HOSTS file (which I had backed up). When I left that job, the computer was the same way I got it.
I was always surprised the techicians who maintained the network never caught on, however if they did, they probably just looked at those humorous pics and laughed and never said anything to the management. I actually think they did know, because one of them was always cracking me up with jokes and I rarely saw him do that with other employees.
I'm sure its not as easy to tamper with modern operating systems, but Win2000 was pretty easy to tinker with.
On Tue, 09 Feb 2016 15:16:05 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I am amazed that the people today seem to think the time they get paid for at work is theirs to dick around on and that they seem empowered to modify software on a machine they do not own to do it.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Cheating and dishonesty everywhere. Is it proven computers improved productivity? Printers decreased the use of paper?
On Tue, 09 Feb 2016 19:27:29 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Not just today. After work or on days off I would often get in arguments with guys who would be posting from their work. Usually they were whining about other workers being deadbeats. I had no problem pointing that out. Hell, two managers of mine would bump bid each other's stuff they were selling on eBay. I worked all day on the computer, and never thought about going on the net. Anyway, I always had a better computer at home, but the point is it's a poor work ethic.