Help me buy a circular saw

Page 3 of 3

46erjoe wrote:

As with many other brands, many of the tool manufacturers have a whole range of products to suit a wide range of market niches in use and price. Saying you had "a Skil" or "a Makita" means essentially nothing w/o the specific model. "Buffalo" or "Chicago Pneumatic" otoh, implies something -- not that there's not a market niche for them as well, but it's pretty clear what that niche is and what one should expect.
wrote:| >>Makita makes the best and most versatile circular saw you can buy. | >>25 years later with daily use and it still cuts straight. | > | >Pretty much *any* 25-year-old saw is better made than most new ones. | | | I've had Skil s before. Lasted til one week after the warrant. My most | recent one, the one I have been bitching about, was a Makita. What a | POS.
are you kiddin me Makita is owned by more contractors than any other brand of circular saws. light weight and versatile.
it is the FORD truck of saws.
| | I went out and bought a Milwaukee 6394-21. As soon as I started using | it, it was like driving a Lexus after having driven a Neon. I couldn't | NOT make it go a straight line!
I would hate to cut rafter tails all day with a Milwaukee or any worm drive saw. obviously you are only cutting at a table or bench height where you can put down that damn heavy saw after each cut.