Help lower Gas prices

Page 2 of 2
Red Green wrote:

You may jest, but some British trains in North Africa ran on mummies instead of wood. Seriously.

Me?! Red Green?! Jest?!!

Famine.
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 19:41:16 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour

Not as long as I can find a spotted owl!!

Snail darters are also tasty.
HeyBub wrote:

Better idea and one that will work.
Buy more fuel efficient cars, and homes. Drive less. Learn to walk, car pool and live closer to were you work. We use to do that. Laugh at the rest of the world that are still driving their SUV to go the the cash machine to drive to the coffee shop to buy a cup of coffee.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia \'s Muire duit

Use less oil....drive less, car pool, combine trips, drive slower.
When you buy a new car get one that get's better mileage.
All levels of govt are benefiting more from high oil prices than the oil companies.
Corn to ethanol is driving up food prices; chicken, eggs, corn meal, etc.
Corn to fuel is not a great idea; non-food crops on marginal land might be a better choice.
Start the switch to nuke for electricity, this will free oil, natural gas & coal to be used for feedstock. Plug in hybrids recharged by nuke electricity will lower oil demand.
If the French can produce electricity by nuke we most certainly can. BTW the war in Iraq could have paid for 100's of new nuke plants by now. :(
The US has lots of coal, move towards coal to liquids for transport fuels. Coal to liquid is way less than $140 per barrel (more like $75). Sequester the CO2 produced or use it to "force" agriculture.
There are lots of technologies that can be used to reduce dependence on foreign oil & oil in general.
The congress (republicans for about 10 years or so and now the democrats for ~2 years) has done nothing. Eight years of Bush & eight years of Clinton resulted in no progress.
I really don't hold much hope for Obama or McCain to do anything either.
The country will have to go to a much more serious crisis level before positive action will be taken.
cheers Bob
oil now wrote:

In other words, complain to Congress and continue to do nothing.