Help finding replacement bulbs for 80 year old doll house

Page 3 of 3

Try a Radio Shack digital, or any digital cheapie at any hardware store. Harbor Freight has a good meter for under $10, they even give it away free periodicallly if you buy something else.
On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 20:24:19 -0800, Jennifer Murphy

If each switch controls more than one light, and the same number per switch they MAY be in series. I would guess you have E10 base bulbs (10mm edison screw base). Being round globes they are most likel #14 bulbs. Longer envelope would make them more likely #41 (which are also usually .5 amp instead of .3 - or 1.2 watt instead of 0-.7 watt). Commonly used in older equipment as "dial lights" and "pilot lights".
As for the power supply - if ANY are still lighting it is likely OK. The shack bulb would likely work, but it is the #41 style, with the power of the #14.

This is an old radio pilot light bulb
#50 is a 6 volt... May have been run from a battery or a transformer Look here for a chart
http://oldradios.co.nz/data/index7.htm

I want to thank everyone who offered helpful suggestions and advice. I got started too late to get the dollhouse lights working so I just finished fixing up the house itself. It was a big hit on Christmas morning. When I get some time, I'll finish the lights. My plan is to replace the transformer with a battery pack and use LED lights. I'll probably have to replace the four toggle switches.