Help Bemis provides no support for their toilet seats

The hinge cap on our Bemis toilet seat has broken off.
I contacted Bemis customer support hoping that they would either send me or sell me a replacement part.
Bemis's response was that I should trying taking the seat back to the store since they don't provide spare parts. Clearly, no store is going to take back an out-of-warranty, used toilet seat.
I could not believe that they are basically saying that there is no way to fix or replace this 5-cent broken part.
Based on my past experience, this a very common part to break and it is hard to believe that Bemis can't or won't provide a replacement part.
Bemis basically seems to be saying that if you are out of your 1 year warranty, then if anything breaks, your only option is to throw out the seat and by another one.
THIS IS ONE OF THE LAMEST RESPONSES I HAVE EVER RECEIVED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE REQUESTS.
Other companies like Kohler have sent me substantial replacement parts for free with no questions asked -- even when the damage was my fault and when I have been more than willing to pay.

Toilet seats are consumables; they just wear out and you replace them. Bemis presumably doesn't have a high enough profit margin to send out replacement parts.
I have also found Kohler to be very accomodating. They must be able to afford it.
Waaaahhhhh. My shitter seat broke and I want to cry about it. Wahhhhhh...
snipped-for-privacy@boycott.bemis.org wrote:

Toilet seats cost what -- ten bucks? If they DID have replacement parts for out-of-warranty issues, how much do you think you'd pay, including s/h? I bet it's at least ten bucks.
I've seen replacement hinge assemblies sold, but just replace the thing. It's a wearable part.
-Tim
snipped-for-privacy@boycott.bemis.org wrote in

I think another option they would suggest is to go shit in your hat.

Either buy a new seat of fill the cap with caulk and slap it back on.
You have to be a troll to go through the trouble of posting about a plastic shitter cap that has no real effect.