Heating zone not working,no water in baseboard

Hi All, We got a new Weil-McLain 3 zone heating/hot water system for our 100 year old home last year. The 3 zones cover our living room area, 2nd floor bedrooms, and kitchen/laundry room, which happen to be under a crawl space and quite cold... Stupid me thought it'd be wise to turn off the heat in the laundry room upon retiring instead of wasting oil, so when we get up, it was down to 47 in there. Problem is, now we can't get any heat out back in that zone. Being the novice I am, I read to bleed the baseboards... I bled the baseboard in the kitchen and got a slight burst of air, and a few drops of water. That's it. I then went to the baseboard in the laundry room/back area of the house and upon opening the bleeder valve, cold water just keeps coming out, non-stop. If I go down to the basement and drain everything out of the zone and close the appropriate valve, nothing comes out of the baseboard's bleeder that would gush cold water otherwise... Open the valves again,and cold water will gush again when bled... I believe the supply goes all the way back to the laundry room first, then eventually back to the kitchen... Sometimes, after trial and error, I will feel the supply pipe, (PEX) coming right from the boiler and it will feel hot for maybe 10 feet's length, and get cooler... Naturally, the return pipe is cool...

What's stumping me besides the fact that we have no heat in 1/3 of the house is why plenty of cold water will gush out of the bleeder all the way in the back of our house, but nothing will come out of the kitchen baseboard anymore... Does it still sound like (or did it ever sound like) an air problem? Day after Thanksgiving it's about 30 outside during the day, and about 8-9 degrees warmer in the affected area of our house...

Am I not bleeding correctly? Do I need to bleed all of the baseboards in the house? Something else to look for or try? Thanks for any help you can provide - would like to avoid another expensive service call if at all possible! Scott in NH

Reply to
Scott

Is the supply to the heater open? For water and air to bleed, there must be water coming in behind it.

What type of zone valves do you have? Are they open to allow water to come into the zone? Is the circulator running?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
Steve Scott