Baseboard not getting water in 1 room.

Hi,

We have these old Baseboard style radiators upstairs in our house. It is t he kind with really big fins and a radiator cover that goes over it. So it 's not a steam radiator but it is not modern baseboard. I don't know the n ame of it. It also has a circular on off valve on the left side for contro lling the flow to the fins. I have that turned all the way on.

I was hearing a lot of air in the system so I bled all the first floor radi ators. When I went upstairs it took a while to get water to come out of be droom number 1 when I bled that one. Same thing in the bathroom. Bedroom number 2 upstairs is the one that is not getting any hot water at all. Whe n I put my hand on the pipe coming out of the floor it is not even warm in that bedroom. It seems there is either a big air bubble somewhere, or ther e is a clog somewhere. But the heat is functioning in the rest of the hous e so water must be circulating.

The bathroom was updated and has modern baseboard heating. That room is in the middle of the 2 bedrooms. The heat is working fine in the bathroom.

What are the steps a plumber would take to try and fix this? I am no plumb er but I can bleed baseboard heating. That's where my expertise ends.

Thanks in advance for any tips on how to solve this.

Reply to
szeik

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com posted for all of us...

is a clog somewhere. But the heat is functioning in the rest of the house so water must be circulating.

Bleed from the top down as the water has weight. Make certain your system has enough pressure. IIRC it should be 12~13 ibs. I agree you have an air lock. Get back to us.

Reply to
Tekkie®

Mystery solved. Called the plumber and he checked out the boiler. Turns o ut the guys that someone left a valve shut off that was supposed to supply fresh water to the system. So it didn't have enough pressure. As soon as he opened that valve up everything was fine. Could have saved myself a few bucks had a realized that. I think it must have been the guys that did th e plumbing work the last time I had major construction. It's a mystery why that valve was in the closed position.

Reply to
szeik