Has anyone seen a Socket Wrench for an old Square Nut?

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

Speaking as a retired auto mechanic (45+ years), I'd be more inclined to buy something that I know works off the shelf than to try wearing a chemist hat to achieve the same results. I watched that first video from your suggested search, and noticed he let the concoction he made work for a week to achieve what I believe PB would have done in a couple of hours. Liquid wrench was never a go to product for me, which is what he was comparing his concoction to.
--
RonNNN

On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 10:54:15 AM UTC-5, RonNNN wrote:

With do respect...others might want to try it...you're not the only one here.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says...

I never said they shouldn't, I said what *I* would be inclined to do. Why do you have a problem with me voicing my opinion?
By the way, I suspect you meant to say "with due respect", but you'll have to forgive me if I don't believe you. You're just one of the *many* experts here that know the best way to do *everything*.
--
RonNNN

On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 11:42:58 AM UTC-5, RonNNN wrote:

I haven't transfused all my caffeine yet, yes it's good you could figure out what I was saying. I don't see how sharing something makes me a know-it-all? I will tread lighter next time.
On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 10:34:01 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa

\|||/ (o o) ,----ooO--(_)-------. | Please | | don't feed the | | TROLL! | '--------------Ooo--' |__|__| || || ooO Ooo
On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 09:01:56 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa

Due respect - not do, or dew.
Kinda like the two to too twains
On Sunday, August 7, 2016 at 5:23:39 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Someone else mention that...aren't you the one with all the typos? Something about glass houses?
On Sun, 7 Aug 2016 15:31:56 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa

Gotta get a new keyboard. The letters are worn off over half my keys and I don't always watch the screen as I type. I'm not a touch typist but at least I know what word I am TRYING to type.
On Monday, August 8, 2016 at 4:55:27 PM UTC-5, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

See if you say that when you're 70...or may be you won't even talk!
On Mon, 8 Aug 2016 15:39:16 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa

Not THAT far to go.
On Wed, 3 Aug 2016 08:23:35 -0700 (PDT), bob_villa

"Ed's Red"
snipped-for-privacy@ameritech.net says...

Where I worked we used the Kroil by the case. We had lots of things outside and if we knew we would have to work on them, we would spray them with Kroil the day before.
I have sprayed rusty bolts seveal days in a row and the usually come right off.
We had lots of high wattage bulbs of all kinds of light. The mercury vapor and others. A shot of Kroil oil up the base of them made them almost fall out.
Oren posted for all of us...

Would a baton work?
--
Tekkie

On Tue, 2 Aug 2016 05:01:13 -0700, Taxed and Spent

a 12 point on the impact will round the corners in about 3 seconds, and likely break the socket at the same time. 8 point is made for the job.
On Tuesday, August 2, 2016 at 5:44:57 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

I'd check out Sears. They have a bunch of sockets and such that are supposed to universally fit a lot of nuts and bolts. How well they actually fit depends on the bolt I guess. An 8 pt socket is one that will fit, they should have that too. Or if you want something cheap, HF perhaps.
On Tue, 02 Aug 2016 04:43:57 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote:

8 point sockets are quite readily available and are made for that purpose. Not sure how big yhey go. Another solution is a piece of square tubinh the right size, welded to an old atandard socket.