Has anyone seen a Socket Wrench for an old Square Nut?

Speaking as a retired auto mechanic (45+ years), I'd be more inclined to buy something that I know works off the shelf than to try wearing a chemist hat to achieve the same results. I watched that first video from your suggested search, and noticed he let the concoction he made work for a week to achieve what I believe PB would have done in a couple of hours. Liquid wrench was never a go to product for me, which is what he was comparing his concoction to.

Reply to
RonNNN

With do respect...others might want to try it...you're not the only one here.

Reply to
bob_villa

I never said they shouldn't, I said what *I* would be inclined to do. Why do you have a problem with me voicing my opinion?

By the way, I suspect you meant to say "with due respect", but you'll have to forgive me if I don't believe you. You're just one of the *many* experts here that know the best way to do *everything*.

Reply to
RonNNN

\|||/ (o o) ,----ooO--(_)-------. | Please | | don't feed the | | TROLL! | '--------------Ooo--' |__|__| || || ooO Ooo

Reply to
Paintedcow

I haven't transfused all my caffeine yet, yes it's good you could figure out what I was saying. I don't see how sharing something makes me a know-it-all? I will tread lighter next time.

Reply to
bob_villa

Oren posted for all of us...

Would a baton work?

Reply to
Tekkie®

8 point sockets are quite readily available and are made for that purpose. Not sure how big yhey go. Another solution is a piece of square tubinh the right size, welded to an old atandard socket.
Reply to
clare

If he can't get an open end wrench on, a pipe wrench doesn't stand a chance!!!!

Reply to
clare

a 12 point on the impact will round the corners in about 3 seconds, and likely break the socket at the same time. 8 point is made for the job.

Reply to
clare

"Ed's Red"

Reply to
clare

Due respect - not do, or dew.

Kinda like the two to too twains

Reply to
clare

On Wednesday, August 3, 2016 at 4:11:44 AM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@unlisted.moo wrote: Every bolt will now get a dose of anti-sieze

I never put a bolt back in dry. Anti-seize if I have it handy, but at least some moly grease.

Reply to
TimR

Someone else mention that...aren't you the one with all the typos? Something about glass houses?

Reply to
bob_villa

Gotta get a new keyboard. The letters are worn off over half my keys and I don't always watch the screen as I type. I'm not a touch typist but at least I know what word I am TRYING to type.

Reply to
clare

See if you say that when you're 70...or may be you won't even talk!

Reply to
bob_villa

Not THAT far to go.

Reply to
clare

ldidino13

I didn't spend much time looking. It looks like Ebay has a lot of the actual sockets. Amazon? Harbor Freight?

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Lots of "double square" 8 point sockets out there too, to fit standard 3/8 and 1/2 inch drive ratchets, Home Despot in the states carries them (4 point) in the Sunex and Urrea lines, and Klein makes them fir the 1/4 hex drive world. They also carry the 8 point socket set from Gray - US SKU is Store SKU # 1000858995 for 7 piece SAE set

- $79 online order only

Reply to
Clare Snyder

If they are a nice clean corner some can use a 12 point if it isn't too tight but the right tool as an 8 point or square. If it is a regular socket drive size, (1/4, 3/8 or 1/2) Use 2 sockets and a rod connector to link them. They don't even need to be the same drive size.

Reply to
gfretwell