Harbor Freight phone system hacked...

Called HF customer service today to straighten out a credit card flub, and using the number on the letter, 1-800-423-2567, I was directed to call 1-800-444-2353, which in turn redirected to 1-800-643-TALK. The latter is a phone sex for pay operation offering no tools at all so far as I could tell. Then called HF's other customer service number, got my order straightened out and mentioned the phone problem. Operator asked me to 'hold', 15 minutes or so, and apparently tried the numbers with the same result. As of now, 4:23 PDT there is a notice up on the HF site of 'Technical Difficulties'. Caution would be advised in placing new orders for awhile.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Or you could go jump in a lake and get it over with... Using Chinese slave labor and putting your fellow workers out of a job is pathetic. And then, for some strange reason, you come here and talk about your crap...

Reply to
John Doe

Troll, troll, troll your post, gently down the stream....

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

re: "The latter is a phone sex for pay operation offering no tools at all so far as I could tell."

I'm pretty sure that most "phone sex for pay operations" are BYOT.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

What kind of tools do you want?

Be sure to check your phone bill. You may get a charge for 40 dollars for a call to some island in the north Pacific.

What is byot?

Reply to
mm

mm wrote the following:

It's usually on an invitation to a barbecue. Bring your own T-bones?

Reply to
willshak